• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

He was a slightly better rebounder last season. Beyond that, he looked like the same player from his freshman season. I don't wanna turn this into a thread about Devin, so agree to disagree.

2015 - 5 games with 20+ points, 8 games with 12+ rebs, 12 dbl-dbls 3 20/10 games (at ND, vs. Louisville, vs. UNC-A)
2014 - 3 games with 20+ points, 5 games with 12+ rebs, 7 dbl-dbls 1 20/10 game (20/17 vs. VMI)
2013 - 1 game with 20+ points, 6 games with 12+ rebs, 3 dbl-dbls, 1 20/10 game (25/14 vs. State)

I assume this will end this discussion.

Last edited:
Ph v. Ayo about something inane is not why I opened this thread.

#VIBES

2015 - 5 games with 20+ points, 8 games with 12+ rebs, 12 dbl-dbls 3 20/10 games (at ND, vs. Louisville, vs. UNC-A)
2014 - 3 games with 20+ points, 5 games with 12+ rebs, 7 dbl-dbls 1 20/10 game (20/17 vs. VMI)
2013 - 1 game with 20+ points, 6 games with 12+ rebs, 3 dbl-dbls, 1 20/10 game (25/14 vs. State)

I assume this will end this discussion.
something something USAGE

BYE, PH!

Excited to have SJM on board. Seems like a good get for Manning.

Between the 3 freshmen, 4 2016 recruits, and Woods (transfer), we have 8 brand new players coming into the program over the next 2 years. Transition from [Redacted] to Manning pretty much complete. Looking forward to better success.

Excited to have SJM on board. Seems like a good get for Manning.

Between the 3 freshmen, 4 2016 recruits, and Woods (transfer), we have 8 brand new players coming into the program over the next 2 years. Transition from [Redacted] to Manning pretty much complete. Looking forward to better success.

Keep forgetting about Woods. Knockdown shooters and high upside big's. This is the best I've felt about wake hoops in 6 years.

1385748077313.jpg

...as freshman.

Also very excited about Woods. Really wish we had him on the court this year. He'll be swishing those VIBES from the bench this season though.

Just a little hyperbolic take by Creamy. Trying to keep the vibes train headed north

Samuel Japhet-Mathias commits to Wake Forest. 6'11 with excellent post moves. Will play his Senior year at City of London Academy which won he British U17's last year

Just curious where the info about the City of London Academy comes from. The only thing I've found about where he'll be next year says IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL

So happy SJM is coming to Wake!!!!! Great job DM & Co., and welcome SJM!!!

Nice stuff:

Samuel Japhet-Mathias commits to Wake Forest on MADE Hoops

09/29/2015, 11:45am CDT

By Samuel Japhet-Mathias

Class of 2016 center Samuel Japhet-Mathias announces his commitment.
Samuel Japhet-Mathias goes into detail on why he picked Wake Forest.

Hello this is Sam Japhet-Mathias and this is a huge stage of my life that will shape a big part of what my future holds. Before I get into my decision or any other details I want to thank all the people that I’ve been surrounded with that have helped get me to where I am today. I would like to thank my guardians, the coaches and everyone else involved at Vermont Academy, my mum and dad both here in London and New Jersey, all the colleges that have recruited me, Coach Munch and the PSA Cardinals, JG for keeping me grounded and all my teammates along the way. I’d also like to say thank you to the City of London Academy and the Peckham Pride for putting a ball in my hands, Basketball England (NT) and everyone that met me along the way the past three years whether it’d be good or bad.

I have a really small circle of friends as they are the same people from when I was 12. With all the hype from the offers now they'll be really happy with my accomplishments, but they'll never let me get over my head. My best friend Jenelle knew everything that had to do with my schooling, basketball and overall life before anyone else did and she would always put me in my place anytime I was wrong and wasn't feeling some type of way about doing it. I make sure I’m grounded off the court, but whenever I'm playing or training I always say to myself that I am that player that everyone is scared to guard.

Onto my decision and what went behind it all. I am very excited to announce that I am committing to the Wake Forest Demon Deacons for the class of 2016. I decided to choose Wake Forest because I trusted myself with my decision and the coaching staff that I will progress there. I know nothing will come easy and that it will be a tough transition, but I couldn’t be more ready to take it all on and start up a new and exciting journey for myself.

Back