• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Hey Lurker nobody is saying anything about our class being better than Dukes. If ur comparing our classes to Dukes than your missing the point. Point is if we get Giles it puts Wake back on the map and gives us the recruiting momentum we need.

I know you weren't say that. I am just using that theoretical ranking to frame up the challenge here. Without Giles there is not much talent in this program, especially compared to his other suitors.

I am assuming Danny will now be all in on Harry. I can't imagine another player still on our board that he would take (except a 1 and done) as that would only happen if Rondale transfers or Lil' chill goes to walk-on status. Either way, this would prevent any 2017 signees.

[B said:
Psydeac;2229219]I am assuming Danny will now be all in on Harry.[/B] I can't imagine another player still on our board that he would take (except a 1 and done) as that would only happen if Rondale transfers or Lil' chill goes to walk-on status. Either way, this would prevent any 2017 signees.

By God we better hope!

No Froling if we don't get Giles?

Hey Lurker if we get Giles your point is irrelevant. Giles is a once in a generation typle player for Wake, all you need is Giles and everything else will work itself out. Were not Duke or Kentucky to pick and choose 5 star guys.

Looks like a new video of Samuel Japhet-Mathias, sorry if already posted somewhere. Looks like he has a solid post game already.

I like sjm, but that is some weak ass competition

The mixtape guru has spoken

I really enjoyed that the one outside shot he took was banked in from straight on. And it didn't even look like it was in game action.

Not that I'd ever expect him to shoot from outside the paint for WFU. Just thought it was funny that it made the mixtape.

He looks like he could be a really good college player.

#VIBES are way different than when that bro went to Utah State and that other bro went to Miss. State.

I BELIEVE. #Giles4Wake

I really enjoyed that the one outside shot he took was banked in from straight on. And it didn't even look like it was in game action.

Not that I'd ever expect him to shoot from outside the paint for WFU. Just thought it was funny that it made the mixtape.

He looks like he could be a really good college player.

I'm no mixtape guru, but I feel like every big man mixtape has an outside jumper in it. I still remember the corner three in Ty Walker's mixtape that people got excited about.

Totally crowding in on buckets expert mixtape territory, but Doral reminds me of Tony Woods in his movements on the court and the way he runs. Tony ended up having a good career at Oregon so that's not bad as hopefully Doral doesn't have the off the court issues. SJM, as buckets said, reminds you of taller Eric Williams.

Doral seems a lot more gifted offensively than TWoods, but is worse defensively and at rebounding. Doral is a couple inches taller but they do kinda run the same way.

Updated.

2vl71hl.jpg

We have a real bright future

Agreed, Doral is kinda like a Woods/Walker hybrid. At least on tape.

Agreed. Good potential. Hopefully we finally have the right coaching.

Doral is unusual in that he is better on offense than defense. He needs a lot of work on rebounding as well. He should get a big boost by being coached by DM. Expect it will take a couple of seasons for him to be a big factor. That why I'm glad about SJM.

I am assuming Danny will now be all in on Harry. I can't imagine another player still on our board that he would take (except a 1 and done) as that would only happen if Rondale transfers or Lil' chill goes to walk-on status. Either way, this would prevent any 2017 signees.

We would take Froling. Unclear if we would take Fernando or not but I personally would based on potential alone

Doral is unusual in that he is better on offense than defense. He needs a lot of work on rebounding as well. He should get a big boost by being coached by DM. Expect it will take a couple of seasons for him to be a big factor. That why I'm glad about SJM.

If Danny can take the ultimate in Greek donk, who came over here tripping on feet and bricking dunks, and make him a top freshmen. I have no doubts that we are in a good place with SJM and Doral.

Back