• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

If Harry goes to OGB Madness announces in Winston and it's not Wale that is epic level trolling.

If Harry goes to OGB Madness announces in Winston and it's not Wale that is epic level trolling.

If he wants to announce on 11/12 or 11/13, he kind of has no choice but to announce in Winston because his OHA team will be there, no? I don't think Giles is trying to send any kind of message

If he wants to announce on 11/12 or 11/13, he kind of has no choice but to announce in Winston because his OHA team will be there, no? I don't think Giles is trying to send any kind of message

2762786-9971726679-jenni.gif

You're dumb.

Yes. Especially since he is obligated to announce on 11/12 or 11/13 and could not possibly choose any other date.

Yes he is.
It's all part of the plan

Vibes up the wazoo! If Giles is announcing in Winston and doesn't pick Wake that would be a huge slap in the face - which I don't see him doing... VIBES!

Vibes up the wazoo! If Giles is announcing in Winston and doesn't pick Wake that would be a huge slap in the face - which I don't see him doing... VIBES!

It's not a slap in the face to announce in your hometown. That's silly. Almost every recruit does it. It's a logistics issue because it's easiest for their friends and family to attend.

Call me naive but I don't see how there's any way Giles would come back to W-S to announce and not pick Wake. He could announce literally any other day than the few days he is here for games. Given the number of high profile games Oak Hill plays I doubt it would be an issue for Espn to get a camera there and stream his decision. Or even at a practice for that matter. MAkes you wonder!!

It's not a slap in the face to announce in your hometown. That's silly. Almost every recruit does it. It's a logistics issue because it's easiest for their friends and family to attend.

Not really true. Most announce in the gyms at their high schools, and in the case of Oak Hill, most families don't live near Oak Hill.

If you look at the majority of Oak Hill kids that announce, very very few of them go back to their hometowns.

Not really true. Most announce in the gyms at their high schools, and in the case of Oak Hill, most families don't live near Oak Hill.

Well yeah, and for most recruits, i.e the vast majority that aren't away at prep schools, their high school gym is in their home town

If you look at the majority of Oak Hill kids that announce, very very few of them go back to their hometowns.

How many of those Oak Hill kids are playing a game in their home town during the early signing period? I bet very, very few

Dang, so we finally have a date. This thread is near the end. Between the Moon pics, Biff gifs, Ayo v. Ph spats, the brilliance of bigboy, Thain 1.0 and Thain 2.0, Townie and betterphan being better fans, all of the good vibes and bad vibes, and everything in between, one of our esteemed writers needs to give this thing a proper sendoff when it's all over.

It was the best of threads. It was the worst of threads.

Last edited:
Back