• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Call me naive but I don't see how there's any way Giles would come back to W-S to announce and not pick Wake.
He could be a sociopath wanting to rub in his Duke selection at the home of Wake Forest, kind of a basketball Vader to K's Emperor.

you-were-the-chosen-one.jpg

If he already has a decision date, it sounds like he probably has a good idea where he's going. My thinking is, why throw out an arbitrary deadline to the public if you're still on the fence about your decision.

If he already has a decision date, it sounds like he probably has a good idea where he's going. My thinking is, why throw out an arbitrary deadline to the public if you're still on the fence about your decision.

It's not arbitrary; lots of recruits announce the weekend the start of the early signing period.

I agree with you though that almost all recruits by this time are not on the fence about their decision.

I don't know that Giles would come to Winston and not go to Wake. He's going to be respectful of wake or
Duke IMO regardless of who he chooses and I don't think being in Winston and committing to Duke falls under the ambit of being respectful of the school you don't choose

Was the word "ambit" just used on a sports message board? Fucking lawyers.

I don't know that Giles would come to Winston and not go to Wake. He's going to be respectful of wake or
Duke IMO regardless of who he chooses and I don't think being in Winston and committing to Duke falls under the ambit of being respectful of the school you don't choose

I guess we can agree to disagree! I think Giles identifies Winston much more as the home of his family and friends than he does as the home of Wake, so to speak. I hope if he does announce in WS, and does choose Duke, that people in Wake would not feel it as a slap in the face! Especially given how much of a respectful young man he's been in the years he's been recruited.

Sorry how did we come up with that decision date? Too lazy to read all this crap

I am all aboard the VIBES! train, but announcing in W-S means nothing in terms of choosing Wake. He'll be done w/ his visits then and it is a chance to announce while at home w/ family.

It wouldn't be a slap in the face to announce he's going to Duke from W-S... It's his hometown.

I guess we can agree to disagree! I think Giles identifies Winston much more as the home of his family and friends than he does as the home of Wake, so to speak. I hope if he does announce in WS, and does choose Duke, that people in Wake would not feel it as a slap in the face! Especially given how much of a respectful young man he's been in the years he's been recruited.

You're dumb.

Until today I was just cautiously optimistic...

But fuck that

All aboard the vibes hype train

If he were gonna commit to Duke why not just do it on the visit? Makes no sense for him to wait a week then commit to Duke. Makes you wonder!!

If he were gonna commit to Duke why not just do it on the visit? Makes no sense for him to wait a week then commit to Duke. Makes you wonder!!

Yes! Duke is 6 miles closer to W-S than OHA is, so it would be even more convenient for him to just commit there than make everybody drive the extra 5 minutes to OHA.

But seriously though, if he's going to commit to Duke, just do it there on the visit. Although, a hat choosing ceremony would certainly garner more exposure than committing at Duke since there's only one possible conclusion if he did it there.

Back