• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Read the Zags Blog article linked- what he said about Kansas certainly jived with what I was told about the visit...he loved it. The person who told me said it was probably too far from home for him, though.

Just listened to the podcast b/t Zagoria and Coach Smith. Not a whole lot there that wasn't included in the article. Smith honestly seems like he has no idea and rambles on, even contradicting himself a few times. When he talked about Harry maybe announcing back in Winston, he said that may mean "good news for Duke." The guy is clueless lol. I know he's a amazing basketball coach, but something seems a little off with him. He did say that Harry's mom cancelled the UNC visit for him, which I found pretty interesting. Hey KVegasDeac, any word on if Harry's mom is still pushing for him to stay home???

Maybe his coach already knows he's going to wake and he's just trying not to steal his thunder by letting the cat out of the bag, instead going with the mainstream thinking that he's a duke lean

#blackandgoldglasses
#couldbetruetho

Yeah the whole article with the Steve Smith quotes didn't seem favorable, but who knows at this point.

Hasn't that Zags Blog guy basically been all over Giles-to-Duke for a while now? Seems like every article he has written for the past half year have been very Duke-centric and makes us seem like we aren't even recruiting him hard.

Pretty low class move to win a kid over when he's in the hospital hopped up on painkillers.

Is it just me, or does this coach seem like he comes out and talks a lot about Harry Giles and breaks a lot of "news". Seems kind of odd, but maybe that is their relationship.

Is it just me, or does this coach seem like he comes out and talks a lot about Harry Giles and breaks a lot of "news". Seems kind of odd, but maybe that is their relationship.

Well, although a program like Oak Hill already has the reputation, he probably sees a positive benefit from reminding the public whenever possible that the #1 recruit transferred to play for his program. I also wonder how much of a relationship there is; they've only had an off-season together so far, although it's possible that their relationship goes back further. Otherwise, I doubt that HG would be confiding too much inside info to him, given how close to the vest he's played things so far.

Steve Smith killin the Vibes for us Deac fans. Is it me or does he sound like he has no idea what the hell is going on in Giles recruitment?

Pretty amazing maturity demonstrated by Giles that he is maintaining the courtesy of giving Duke an official visit. Apparently he developed a nice little relationship with some of the staff while recovering from his knee injury so I can understand wanting to not hurt their feelings by giving them the courtesy of keeping up appearances for them by giving Duke a visit.

True. He's certainly not going to Duke for the tail.

He may not know. He may know but has sworn to not tell anyone. He may read only Jerry Myers column. He might just rely completely on conventional wisdom.
I do believe though that is in his best interests for his players to go to traditional powerhouse programs like Duke. So while what he is saying could be true, it could also be wishful thinking.

So either Harry is setting up the world's greatest surprise announcement or we have only a fool's hope. #all in on Giles

I feel more positive about this than at any point before. He's not going to Kansas, he's not going to UNC, so it is Wake and Duke. He could have committed to Duke already, but he didn't. He also isn't afraid to say to a school no at this point, because he cancelled UNC. The big fear was that he would go to Duke and announce after the visit, but it appears now that he won't. Huge plus for Wake for him to give himself that much time after visits to make the decision!

It's happening. Just as Coach Scheier has been foreshadowing, Giles is part of the aWAKEning.

@teamunitedhoops guard Jon Hicklin has been invited to attend Wake Forest's black and gold madness this weekend. @OGJONNNYBOY

Back