• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

So you're giving up and abdicating your responsibilities? Just to be clear...

No Scooter, I am not. My primary responsibilities here include handling all the technical stuff/issues, approving posters, cleaning up egregious offenses, and making sure the board doesn't get overrun with trolls from other schools and spammers. They do not involve making sure every thread is 100% on topic all the time. Just to be clear, from a quick search, here are just a sampling of some of your posts on this thread that don't have anything to do with 2016 BBall recruiting (there are probably even more than this):

Ari Stewart was top 50? Gawd, he was ungood.

JTT, maybeeee. Ari, no.

I believe Peral led the nation in 3pt% his junior year. (And then disappeared for his senior year)

Argue about what position Levy played all you like, but however you want to categorize him, he was not a traditional "big". I liked his game. He was a little of a jack of all trades - a glue guy. But he didn't have the strength or bulk to play insude and he was no rim protector.

Wrong. We all understand, we are tired of hearing about it. We all know CMM has his weaknesses, the problem is that he is the best we have. If you could offer an alternative then your schtick might be interesting. You fail to recognize that many of the close games that CMM helped lose at the end were only close because of the contributions he had made earlier in the game.
Sorry for interrupting - back to recruiting discussion.

Not sure I see the need to shorten the shot clock, though I would be OK with it, but see no reason to shorten the back court rule? I haven't seen the ability to stay in the backcourt for 10 seconds having any real impact on the pace of play? Jump balls would be cool - but there will always be issues. Today people can bitch because the alternating arrow rule screwed them at the end of a close game when they forced a jump ball - with real jump balls they will be bitching because their short guy forced the jump ball or because the ref made a crappy toss that hosed their guy.

#TeamToddler here. If you are going to be a pet in my house with my kids, said kids can do as they please and you will NOT attack or hurt them. Otherwise you will immediately find a new home, assuming you have survived my wrath with your life intact. Of course I would teach the toddlers to be gentle with the pets but toddlers are toddlers and between kids and pets, the pets are always at fault.

So, are you suggesting I should have deleted all of those posts too? This thread has been going off on weird tangents for the last 12 months (and you've participated in some of them, clearly) but now you're getting uppity about it?

coach_K.gif

scooter how old are you? just curious. is 84 the year you graduate wake, or is that your age?

Funny guy! I'm old enough to know funny when I see it and to be impatient with bullshit. It would just be nice to keep this thread positive and at least tangentially related to recruiting. It clearly ain't easy! We have plenty of other thread for youthful shenanigans and general horseplay!

No Scooter, I am not. My primary responsibilities here include handling all the technical stuff/issues, approving posters, cleaning up egregious offenses, and making sure the board doesn't get overrun with trolls from other schools and spammers. They do not involve making sure every thread is 100% on topic all the time. Just to be clear, from a quick search, here are just a sampling of some of your posts on this thread that don't have anything to do with 2016 BBall recruiting (there are probably even more than this):

So, are you suggesting I should have deleted all of those posts too? This thread has been going off on weird tangents for the last 12 months (and you've participated in some of them, clearly) but now you're getting uppity about it?

Those are nothing like what has been going on for the past few days and you know it. Whatever. Sorry I said anything. This is why we can't have nice things....

Those are nothing like what has been going on for the past few days and you know it. Whatever. Sorry I said anything. This is why we can't have nice things....

Off topic is off topic, I either have to enforce that for everything or not at all. So just don't suggest that I'm just "giving up and abdicating my responsibilities" when you're just as guilty of engaging in non-recruiting talk on a recruiting thread.

Off topic is off topic, I either have to enforce that for everything or not at all. So just don't suggest that I'm just "giving up and abdicating my responsibilities" when you're just as guilty of engaging in non-recruiting talk on a recruiting thread.

I'm okay with the parody posters. It would just be better if they were funny.

Lol. This just gets better. I think it's safe to assume that if there's any actual news you can read about it by simply looking at the last page. Quit bitching.

Back