• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

How could something in his medical records say he is going to Duke? Maybe he signed one of those "financial aid" waivers that we have talked about in the football thread and they needed his records? Do they have those for basketball? That would make sense with the "almost a lock" guarantee that is going around since those things are pretty sure-fire, but I kid can still go back on it.

How could something in his medical records say he is going to Duke? Maybe he signed one of those "financial aid" waivers that we have talked about in the football thread and they needed his records? Do they have those for basketball? That would make sense with the "almost a lock" guarantee that is going around since those things are pretty sure-fire, but I kid can still go back on it.

Agree. Nothing is a lock until the LOI is signed.

I just finished reading the last 65ish pages and my eyes are bleeding. I can't wait to get shouted down but I didn't read anything in there that says it's impossible. If I wasn't delusional, I never would've become a Wake fan in the first place. #vibesuntilprovenotherwise

This is where I'm at. I kind of get the sense that no one outside of Harry and maybe his parents know for sure where Harry is going. But people close to Harry are likely aware he has made a decision and so naturally they form an opinion on what that decision is based on information they have gleaned from Harry's camp or otherwise. This then gets passed along in a "everything I'm hearing points towards ..." or "here's an anecdote I heard without proper context."

That then gets posted to boards in a cryptic sometimes incredibly petulant (not naming names) manner. Because the information is at least twice removed everyone can say with a straight face "I trust in my source and if what I'm hearing is true Harry is a lock for ..."

By the way ... Heard something this evening related to Harry's visit to campus today that if true (and I have no reason to believe it's not) would point strongly to Harry coming to Wake.

Last edited:
What's up with all the density?

If Harry told his surgeon that he was going to verbal to Duke, and that surgeon told kvegas' source that Harry is his patient and that he's decided the play for Ratface, it would be a HIPAA violation.

This is where I'm at. I kind of get the sense that no one outside of Harry and maybe his parents know for sure where Harry is going. But people close to Harry are likely aware he has made a decision and so naturally they form an opinion on what that decision is based on information they have gleaned from Harry's camp or otherwise. This then gets passed along in a "everything I'm hearing points towards ..." or "here's an anecdote I heard without proper context."

That then gets posted to boards in a cryptic sometimes incredibly petulant (not naming names) manner. Because the information is at least twice removed everyone can say with a straight face "I trust in my source and if what I'm hearing is true Harry is a lock for ..."

By the way ... Heard something this evening about Harry's visit to campus today that if true (and I have no reason to believe it's not) would point strongly to Harry coming to Wake.

People on this board seem to think that Harry stopped by campus briefly to inform the coaches that he is planning to commit to Duke, so they don't find out at noon tomorrow on ESPN. I assume he was home seeing his friends and family following his unfortunate injury; however, I have no idea what the visit to campus ACTUALLY means. I strongly believed he was going to come to wake up until this thread exploded last night and today. I refuse to completely give up hope until I see/hear him say he is committing to Duke on TV tomorrow.

What's up with all the density?

If Harry told his surgeon that he was going to verbal to Duke, and that surgeon told kvegas' source that Harry is his patient and that he's decided the play for Ratface, it would be a HIPAA violation.

Not my source.

My source is so far removed from this part of the recruitment saga it's not even funny.

I was told this by someone else and it just fits with some things we all already know.

Has nothing to do with a surgeon or his surgery.

People on this board seem to think that Harry stopped by campus briefly to inform the coaches that he is planning to commit to Duke, so they don't find out at noon tomorrow on ESPN. I assume he was home seeing his friends and family following his unfortunate injury; however, I have no idea what the visit to campus ACTUALLY means. I strongly believed he was going to come to wake up until this thread exploded last night and today. I refuse to completely give up hope until I see/hear him say he is committing to Duke on TV tomorrow.

I still have hope, too.

By the way ... Heard something this evening about Harry's visit to campus today that if true (and I have no reason to believe it's not) would point strongly to Harry coming to Wake.

Can't post what you heard about the visit?

Can't believe we'll know in less than 12 hours.

Regarding the injury, HG did not play in the Hargrave scrimmage at North Surry 10 days ago. Was his knee bothering him then? Did the grueling running regiment ( up hills) put undue stress on his knee? Was HG provided proper medical advice at OHA regarding the stress he was putting on his knees? I have a hard time believing that HG suffered a fresh tear of his ACL in the first 2 minutes of a game if the knee was not already injured/ weakened .

This was something today and not from a recruiting analyst or any other secondhand source. We would love to report it but we cannot due to the nature of the information. I know it sucks to do this to you guys but we don't have any other options other than to sit silent and watch us all get crushed next week.

Just catching up. There's so much irony in a BSD writer casually posting an unattributed statement of fact on a message board while BSD at the same time says "we can't post anything on BSD because we have STANDARDS!!!!11!!!!1!"

#journalism

I can't believe that after almost a year of reading this thread it is almost over. It has been very entertaining. Even after the meltdown here I can't help but cling to a tiny sliver of hope that Harry chooses Wake tomorrow.

Back