• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

So this information comes from a nurse/doctor who diagnosed/treated Giles for his most recently torn ACL? Maybe overheard a conversation with the family?

I'm not familiar with HIPAA, but I highly doubt discussing information about his college decision, which is not health related, is a violation.

So personally identifiable health information is the reason he is going to Duke.

Yeah.

To be honest, nothing was shared with me that violated HIPAA laws, but enough to know that Harry to dook is probably a done deal.

I don't know any of the posters on this board personally, so I assume the poster is credible. If they made this up, they are very creative. Something I know kind of substantiates what they know, so...

His medical records said he's going to Duke? I'm confused. Are we back at what the dentists are saying?

Yeah.

To be honest, nothing was shared with me that violated HIPAA laws, but enough to know that Harry to dook is probably a done deal.

I don't know any of the posters on this board personally, so I assume the poster is credible. If they made this up, they are very creative. Something I know kind of substantiates what they know, so...

Rat face somehow fucked us deeeeeeep

I told myself a thousand times not to get upset when he picks Duke, so I'm not gonna whine when blue chip player picks a blue chip school. Oh well, here's to rooting for players that choose to be deacons and no hard feelings to Giles... Unless he becomes one if those flopping fake hustle floor slapper douchbags that duke is known for.

Yeah.

Seems odd that the actual reason he is going would violate HIPAA. I could see knowing the source being an issue since you could then assume he was treated by the covered entity. I'm not a HIPAA expert though so maybe I'm missing something.

So this information comes from a nurse/doctor who diagnosed/treated Giles for his most recently torn ACL? Maybe overheard a conversation with the family?

I'm not familiar with HIPAA, but I highly doubt discussing information about his college decision, which is not health related, is a violation.

No. That's not it. I won't post because I was asked not to and it's not my info to share. If this person decides to share, that's their decision.

However, any member of a health care team discussing a patient by name, no matter the content of the discussion, is a HIPAA violation.

I still find it hard to believe that HG would want to hang with Scheyer and Capel as opposed to Danny Manning & Randolph Childress.

Coach K and his banners aside, those guys are mouth breathers.

My apologies, KVegas. The attacks were unnecessary.

Yeah.

And what do you know that substantiates what they know? Why so cryptic?

What is the issue in telling the information if you don't reveal the name of the source(s)? All we've gotten today and last night is disappointed, vague news from sources without any detail on the actual information received. Could you say in a PM or can you just not say anything at all?

Danny Manning did one hell of a job recruiting HG even if he does choose dook tomorrow.

Going up against K, Cal, Self, Roy in the wake of the Bzaster is no easy task. Wake is a hard sell right now and I think the four years Wellman wasted with [Redacted] was the determining factor for HG. Too many unknowns and uncertainties, too many recent seasons in the cellar.

College basketball is a business, and dook is the better business choice right now. The kid is majoring in NBA, and right now the two best schools for that major are dook and Kentucky.

Sucks for us, but Wellman's mistake is going to haunt us for a while. Manning has his work cut out for him.

Danny Manning did one hell of a job recruiting HG even if he does choose dook tomorrow.

Going up against K, Cal, Self, Roy in the wake of the Bzaster is no easy task. Wake is a hard sell right now and I think the four years Wellman wasted with [Redacted] was the determining factor for HG. Too many unknowns and uncertainties, too many recent seasons in the cellar.

College basketball is a business, and dook is the better business choice right now. The kid is majoring in NBA, and right now the two best schools for that major are dook and Kentucky.

Sucks for us, but Wellman's mistake is going to haunt us for a while. Manning has his work cut out for him.

What's your opinion about the 2016 class?

If Wake was ever going to get the #1 recruit you can't draw it up much better than a kid that grew up in Winston and is best friends with the son of a wake legend and current hoops coach.

Back