• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

KVegas sorry for believing Townie and Numbers they were very convincing. I know now never to trust them.

kvegas seems like a decent person and doesn't deserve this meanness. I get people are angry but quit taking it out on people who are largely blameless.

THINGS WE SHOULD QUIT FOREVER:

1. asking for #VIBES or anything in that vein.
2. Bud going out of town and thinking something good will happen (he lives in the Villages in Florida. It's like the sodom and gommorah of retirement communities)
3. Expecting something good to happen to Wake, apparently
4. BobKnightFan
5. Starting any "It must be asked..." threads. That's Jinxing 101. STOP IT.
6. Expecting Ayo not to get mad about his teams, unless it's about the Patriots. Then it's YOUR NFL team that sucks.
7. Thinking 18 year old human beings will always make intelligent decisions.
8. Forgetting that eventually the Earth will become uninhabitable to humanity, and later the Sun will consume that very Earth so none of this really matters. No alien will ever know the evil that is dook basketball.

THINGS WE SHOULD QUIT FOREVER:

1. asking for #VIBES or anything in that vein.
2. Bud going out of town and thinking something good will happen (he lives in the Villages in Florida. It's like the sodom and gommorah of retirement communities)
3. Expecting something good to happen to Wake, apparently
4. BobKnightFan
5. Starting any "It must be asked..." threads. That's Jinxing 101. STOP IT.
6. Expecting Ayo not to get mad about his teams, unless it's about the Patriots. Then it's YOUR NFL team that sucks.
7. Thinking 18 year old human beings will always make intelligent decisions.
8. Forgetting that eventually the Earth will become uninhabitable to humanity, and later the Sun will consume that very Earth so none of this really matters. No alien will ever know the evil that is dook basketball.

9. Stan Gable should quit wearing a rug and just accept it.
10. Townie should quit quitting.

I thought that it was reported on this thread that Giles had concerns about the attitudes and egos of the Duke players (imagine that) and whether he would fit in or not. I guess that question got resolved very quickly!!!!!

KVegas has been around forever and is clearly connected to local hoops and has delivered #scooooops in the past. I hold him harmless.

Gender aside, was it your understanding Giles gave Manning the silent nod on his visit?

Yes.

I was told by HG's former AAU coach (at my son's basketball training) that after the CP3/Timmy D game HG told Manning and Childress his felt like Wake was where he wanted to be but was very honest with them and said he needed to take all OVs.

I was also told that dook was pretty much a done deal until the end of April. At that point, HG began to rethink his decision and opened himself up to more talks with other coaches.

I thought that it was reported on this thread that Giles had concerns about the attitudes and egos of the Duke players (imagine that) and whether he would fit in or not. I guess that question got resolved very quickly!!!!!

#truth

I don't know about resolution, but more like he will probably never have to play with anyone he has a conflict with.

Yes.

I was told by HG's former AAU coach (at my son's basketball training) that after the CP3/Timmy D game HG told Manning and Childress his felt like Wake was where he wanted to be but was very honest with them and said he needed to take all OVs.

I was also told that dook was pretty much a done deal until the end of April. At that point, HG began to rethink his decision and opened himself up to more talks with other coaches.

Alright. Appreciate your scoop. You kept vibes going for awhile. Tomorrow we accept our fate and move on.

KVegas has been around forever and is clearly connected to local hoops and has delivered #scooooops in the past. I hold him harmless.

Yep. No reason to go after every insider who thought we'd get Giles.

I think it's really odd to rush the announcement in general. Maybe odd isn't the right word... Fucked up. Kid just suffered a big time knee injury and he's getting ready for surgery. He recently went through a year of rehab. You'd think the priority would be to focus on that since there's no need to announce immediately.

Whatever he decides, I wish him the best and hope he is able to come back from his knee injury

Back