• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

At the end of the day, I think the fact that we weren't about to recruit more top 100 talent in this class to surround Giles made it too easy to recruit against us. More recruiting momentum would have made it easier for Manning. He is going to have to show us that he can develop talent now.

This is why I refused to frame a single year of Harry Giles as anything other than icing on the cake of what looks like a program heading in the right direction. 2016 is still giving us a 4 star big man and Woods joins as a 4 star shooter. Still plenty of talent to keep moving the program forward - we just don't get the one year catapult we were hoping for. This doesn't have the same feel of the Oden/Conley/Cook debacle.

Good point. If we were going to be any good next year, Harry wasn't going to do it alone. We have a lot of other reasons for optimism.

The most amazing thing about this thread was doofus's ability to kill any and all vibes based on third hand information. It's not like any of us thought Harry to Wake was a done deal and then doofus came in and totally changed the script. We knew it was a toss up at best. If you were all aboard the vibes train before it seems kind of silly to hop off now.

For me a lot of the sadness isn't just losing Giles. It's the entire '16 class. Quite a bit below expectations.

The most amazing thing about this thread was doofus's ability to kill any and all vibes based on third hand information. It's not like any of us thought Harry to Wake was a done deal and then doofus came in and totally changed the script. We knew it was a toss up at best. If you were all aboard the vibes train before it seems kind of silly to hop off now.

Doofus' third-hand information that apparently was not fit to be published on BSD but is fit for offhand mention on a message board nonetheless. Would love to hear BSD's ombudsman's take on this

I still believe in the vibes. Hope springs eternal.

For me a lot of the sadness isn't just losing Giles. It's the entire '16 class. Quite a bit below expectations.

This.

And then add in the amount of time I have spent reading this thread over the past year and you have some serious sadness.

Underwhelming for sure. 3 top 100 players in two years...5 top 150 players in two years. Not super awesome. (I'm not sure what Woods' ranking and rating was so I've just excluded him.) I guess we can go back to arguing about whether player rankings and star ratings matter after noon today. By the way, they most likely do.

only a fool's hope

0c6460ac5f131e2e96be80ce29ad434ac8839abcfcabfc96cc20b6b2827242c2.jpg

Only problem with you having this quote in your sig...is that we all know what happens right after this scene.

And then like the stumbling bumbling dwarf he is, he evaded most of the wrath he would have received when news of Garry's knobby knees broke

Can someone give me a short summary of what happened with the Oden/Conley/Cook recruitment? I was a Wake basketball fan back then so I don't have any idea about what actually went down and I have heard it referenced on the boards many times before.

...STEPH CURRY SAYS HI so it looks like rankings aren't fail proof after all. It's more that he didn't go to Duke, so he was able to develop well for the NBA. Our incoming guys will develop well; just look at Wake's current NBA studs.

Back