• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

KVegas has been missing on information going back to the Grobe days when he used to have his wife text the wife of whatever assistant she was friends with.

I only repeat what I'm told.

I still stand by everything I was told regarding Harry Giles. I believed in our chances until Wednesday night...had no reason not to believe it.

If that ruins by credibility as a poster, that's fine. I never mislead anyone with where my info was coming from.

Didn't the "Mom loves Wake Forest" thing originate from KVegas?

I never really believed it.

if that's the case that was our death knell; no one wants to go where your fucking mom wants you to go

Bring on Kwe Parker!! Give him the chance to destroy his old teammate who left him behind. Fucking TRAITOR!

Manning should suck it up and focus on 2017 which it seems like he's done.

I only repeat what I'm told.

I still stand by everything I was told regarding Harry Giles. I believed in our chances until Wednesday night...had no reason not to believe it.

If that ruins by credibility as a poster, that's fine. I never mislead anyone with where my info was coming from.

Ignore the people that are complaining.

You all realize that as Wake fans you should have never expected Harry to come here. Wake never gets anything good. And that way, when he inevitably chooses Duke you don't want to jump out of a building. And if he does come here, you can shoot off fireworks

Also Doofus sucks

You all realize that as Wake fans you should have never expected Harry to come here. Wake never gets anything good. And that way, when he inevitably chooses Duke you don't want to jump out of a building. And if he does come here, you can shoot off fireworks

Also Doofus sucks

This

Its over and its done. Wish Harry the best in his rehab. I am a fan of WF, not of Harry. He chose elsewhere. I wish him the same that I always do King Ratface and the rest of the Dukies. Time to move on....

Exactly. Move on. Getting Harry would've been great. Losing him is tough. NEITHER of those define us. Danny and Chill deserve some props for keeping us in the conversation. The plain truth is we've got to start winning to turn this thing around no matter who's playing for us. Recruiting is part of it, no doubt. But teams win all the time without burger boys. Hello Butler, UVA, Wichita State. Our basketball revival is going to take time, probably years. But if you don't believe we're better off with Manning going into year two in spite of the current situation you've forgotten what happened to us under Bz. The signs are there. Wait and see how we play, how we shoot, how we slowly begin to win a few of the games we couldn't. I believe it will come. It was gonna take time no matter what. Good luck to Harry Giles. That's it.

Didn't the "Mom loves Wake Forest" thing originate from KVegas?

I never really believed it.

Yes. It didn't originate from me, but I am the one who shared it here.

I was told she was in Wake's corner, liked Manning and the fact that HE was the recruiter, not an assistant.

I still find it weird that she was there and not his dad. His dad was the dook guy all along. I guess she's supporting her son like we all would if found in that position.

When I saw her and not Giles, Jr. my hopes did go up.

Exactly. Move on. Getting Harry would've been great. Losing him is tough. NEITHER of those define us. Danny and Chill deserve some props for keeping us in the conversation. The plain truth is we've got to start winning to turn this thing around no matter who's playing for us. Recruiting is part of it, no doubt. But teams win all the time without burger boys. Hello Butler, UVA, Wichita State. Our basketball revival is going to take time, probably years. But if you don't believe we're better off with Manning going into year two in spite of the current situation you've forgotten what happened to us under Bz. The signs are there. Wait and see how we play, how we shoot, how we slowly begin to win a few of the games we couldn't. I believe it will come. It was gonna take time no matter what. Good luck to Harry Giles. That's it.

What an absolute fucking joke giving coaches props for staying in the conversation with recruits. Maybe if we almost win a few games in the ACC tourney we can hang a banner

As I've said before, for Wellman to still have a job after [Redacted] defies logic and shows that there is no real commitment from the top down for Wake to really compete in the money sports. God Bless Dave Clawson and Danny Manning for being here and working their tails off, but they're both working with one hand tied behind their backs with the Admin we have.
How is the Admin affecting them? They seem to be recruiting anyone they want.

I wonder if the staff cooled on Froling after Giles reportedly told Manning and Chill that Wake felt like where he wanted to go or w/e. The timing seems to line up.

Froling > Giles

Back