• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Look at Giles' Twitter... He just posted a pic (gif?) of him in a Wake jersey saying which jersey do I look best in? Only a WF jersey is coming up for me does anyone see anything else?

Nah, it's all 5 schools. He's really, really gonna milk this for all its worth.

Look at Giles' Twitter... He just posted a pic (gif?) of him in a Wake jersey saying which jersey do I look best in? Only a WF jersey is coming up for me does anyone see anything else?

It's a gif that rotates all 5 jerseys.

Eli Wright told the Indiana site he will officially visit Oklahoma St after ours, but didn't mention a date.

Yeah, it changes.

Probably a stretch and just wishful thinking but I noticed the first jersey in the HG gif (at least for me) is the Wake jersey. I'll take anything positive at this point, even the smallest thing

This week's action largely revolves around Las Vegas. Three events in Sin City have Wake Forest recruits participating: the Adidas Summer Championships, the Las Vegas Fab 48, and the Las Vegas Classic: The 8.

Note: Each event title is a link to that event's website

ADIDAS SUMMER CHAMPIONSHIPS
Blake Harris - Team Loaded NC
Creators Cup - 7/22 @ 5:00pm
Creators Cup - 7/23 @ TBD

Dennis Smith - Team Loaded NC
Creators Cup - 7/22 @ 5:00pm

De'Riante Jenkins - Upward Stars Southeast
Pool Play - 7/22 @ 7:40pm
Pool Play - 7/23 @ 12:00pm
Pool Play - 7/23 @ 4:00pm

Eli Wright - Hoops Dreams
Pool Play - 7/22 @ 9:00pm
Pool Play - 7/23 @ 9:20pm

Harrison Froling - Team LivOn
Pool Play - 7/23 @ 8:00am
Pool Play - 7/23 @ 2:40pm
Pool Play - 7/24 @ 9:00am

Jalen Johnson - Team Wall
Pool Play - 7/23 @ 6:40pm

Javin DeLaurier - Team Loaded VA
Creators Cup - 7/22 @ 6:20pm

Matthew Freeman - Team LivOn
Pool Play - 7/24 @ 9:00am

Mario Kegler - MBA Hoops
Pool Play - 7/22 @ 7:40pm
Pool Play - 7/23 @ 4:00pm

Richard Washington - Team Loaded VA
Creators Cup - 7/22 @ 6:20pm

Wenyen Gabriel - Mass Rivals
Pool Play - 7/22 @ 5:00pm
Pool Play - 7/23 @ 9:20am
Pool Play - 7/23 @ 5:20pm

*The Adidas event is split up into two preliminary styles of play: regular pool play and the Creators Cup. Pool play is used to sort teams into Gold/Silver tournament brackets and every team not participating in the Creators Cup will have pool play. The Creators Cup is a single elimination 8-team tournament for elite AAU teams. Those eight teams are placed into the Gold bracket based on what place they finish in the Creators Cup.

CIA BOUNCE EXPOSURE CAMP
Eddie Ekiyor - CIA Bounce

LAS VEGAS FAB 48
Brandon Childress - Karolina Diamonds
Pool Play - 7/23 @ 3:30pm
Pool Play - 7/24 @ 10:50am
Pool Play - 7/24 @ 9:20pm

Bruce Brown - BABC
Pool Play - 7/23 @ 9:40am
Pool Play - 7/23 @ 7:00pm
Pool Play - 7/24 @ 1:10pm

Bruno Fernando - Each 1 Teach 1
Pool Play - 7/23 @ 4:40pm
Pool Play - 7/24 @ 4:40pm

Kwe Parker - Karolina Diamonds
Pool Play - 7/23 @ 3:30pm
Pool Play - 7/24 @ 10:50am
Pool Play - 7/24 @ 9:20pm

LAS VEGAS CLASSIC: THE 8
Brandon Rachel - Elfrid Payton Elite
First Round - 7/23 @ 12:45pm

Harry Giles - CP3 All-Stars
First Round - 7/23 @ 3:45pm

Zach Norvell - Mac Irvin Fire
First Round - 7/23 @ 5:15pm

*Single elimination tournament

Did Giles post this gif or did MaxPreps? Not to dive too far down the rabbit hole but there are 2 possible takeaways if the original post came from Giles :

a) This is from a piece of recruiting material we sent HG & someone else just quickly mocked up the other 4 jerseys him (If so, Im pleased with the staff. He clearly likes it).
or
b) HG has somewhat impressive photoshop skills and is 100% committed to wake

HG w/the Wake jersey is the the only part where he has on an undershirt. Also, compare the perspective of "Wake Forest" on his jersey to the perspective of the other schools' names. The most care was clearly put into the Wake portion. Its all happening!!!!!!!!!

But he doesnt have a # on the front of his jersey...Every Wake fan knows the # should be on the front. Therefore Duke/UNC/Wake are clearly out and he is down to UK and KU.

We are never going to be good again! I give up!!!!

Dinos don't leave

Since there is no real info on where Harry is headed, I will give my one and only meaningless opinion, and then wait for the kid to decide.

I think that Danny could gain an advantage if he convinced the kid that Moore will play the 5, Collins the 4 and Harry the 3. Manning would spend a year helping him hone his skills for the changing NBA. That is all.

Last edited:
Saw it on my phone last night....it cycles through all 5 remaining teams for Giles.

Back