• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

I think Adam Silver definitely wants to up it, but he would have to promise some pretty major concessions in the next round of CBA bargaining for Michelle Roberts and the NBPA to let it happen. Not impossible, but unlikely.

It will be interesting to see if any top players in Harry's class would stay in school an extra year if an extended work stoppage looks likely OR if it looked like the rookie scale was being changed to allow rookies a greater share of the cash influx from the new tv deal

I think Adam Silver definitely wants to up it, but he would have to promise some pretty major concessions in the next round of CBA bargaining for Michelle Roberts and the NBPA to let it happen. Not impossible, but unlikely.

It will be interesting to see if any top players in Harry's class would stay in school an extra year if an extended work stoppage looks likely OR if it looked like the rookie scale was being changed to allow rookies a greater share of the cash influx from the new tv deal

Cash influx is a good point. Free agents have been making that calculation as well.

During his senior season. I believe it was around Thanksgiving. I'll never forget him coming out before the state championship game at Groves.

Tau are you a Tabor guy?

Better memory than me sir. And no, I knew the Chiltons from back when they went to elementary and middle school in Pilot Mtn. I was a few years younger than Josh.

Pretty sure that I mentioned this in some of my past posts about Giles and his dad but not sure and don't want to go back and look. But I just heard that his dad was a major (and by major I mean the reason) part of Giles going to Oak Hill.

Last edited:
Allow Brandon Childress to provide a word of advice on recruiting right now

Pretty sure that I mentioned this in some of my past posts about Giles and his dad but not sure and don't want to go back and look. But I just heard that his dad was a major (and by major I mean the reason) part of Giles going to Oak Hill.

His dad is a major part of everything, in a good way. No doubt he was involved in this decision and that he'll be involved in his college decision. One thing Winston-Salem has going for it- it is home to Harry's biggest support system. Not that they wouldn't be supportive if he goes to dook or KY, but they both work so staying close would make it easier on them to see Harry play his lone year of college ball.

We need to blow that Josh Chilton letter up and make sure HG sees it. Obviously the more people that post that stuff on social media for him to see the better

I agree. A little heavy handed on a national championship. That shouldn't be the expectation.

I agree on the NC point but to me it's better than not mentioning it at all and seeming LOWF. Just because we've never won one before doesn't mean it's not possible and with HG we would at least have a shot

Make us relevant again should have been the focus not a natty that comes later lol.

Back