• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

For what it's worth, I'm sure CP3 would push Harry to Wake a lot harder if Skip was still here. I'd assume that's pretty obvious.

I don't buy that he's pushing Harry to Duke, but with USA Basketball he certainly has a lot more experience with K than with Danny.

It's less "shooting the messenger" and more exhaustion from all of these third- and fourth-hand accounts we have of the situation. None of us know shit. Speculating that the best player to come out of Wake in the last decade and a half is steering a #1 overall recruit away from Wake and towards arguably their #1 rival is irresponsible and stupid, even if it is from a "doctor in Winston-Salem who knows things."

Just as irresponsible and stupid as thinking CP3 is a huge Wake cheerleader in this situation. As others have noted, its most reasonable to assume he's telling Giles to do what's best for him and sharing his experiences at Wake and with Coach K. Both of which were positive.

Look CP3 wouldn't push anyone to Duke. He would tell them that that's a good place with a great coach. But at the same time he is going to talk about Wake highly. We're in his top 5 because he liked us growing up (allegedly), he is close to Manning and Chill, likes Manning's goals for him, he would love to be mentioned with CP as another hometown hero, and he is comfortable with Wake. Giles knows the legendary status he would attain in Winston Salem simply by signing here.

Just as irresponsible and stupid as thinking CP3 is a huge Wake cheerleader in this situation. As others have noted, its most reasonable to assume he's telling Giles to do what's best for him and sharing his experiences at Wake and with Coach K. Both of which were positive.

I agree!

Eh. I'd like to think that our biggest alum is our cheerleader and, despite having a good experience with K, still wants the best player in the country to attend his alma mater. I'm sure he's telling Harry to follow his gut, but to insinuate that CP is somehow conflicted between K and Wake seems like a reach. If so, that would really suck not only for Giles, but for every other recruiting battle where CP's relationship could be advantageous.

Giles just DM'ed me. He wants to know if there are any good places to get loose leaf tea in Winston.

I told him Angelinas, am I forgetting anywhere?

Eh. I'd like to think that our biggest alum is our cheerleader and, despite having a good experience with K, still wants the best player in the country to attend his alma mater. I'm sure he's telling Harry to follow his gut, but to insinuate that CP is somehow conflicted between K and Wake seems like a reach. If so, that would really suck not only for Giles, but for every other recruiting battle where CP's relationship could be advantageous.

What recruiting battles has CP3 helped Wake win?

in CP3's defense - we had [Redacted] so therefore we weren't in any recruiting "battles" of note LOL

Meh. Yes we were. A couple years ago there was a long, long list of SGs for whom we were a finalist, and we ended up with Overton.

CP3 is clearly an advocate for Winston-Salem. I assume he's an advocate for Wake but that's an assumption.

What recruiting battles has CP3 helped Wake win?

None, but I think we all hoped that with the hiring of Manning that CP and the rest of the NBA alums could pay dividends. I'm not saying CP will be able to sway Giles one way or another, but this is the first opportunity where we have a local kid and superstar who CP has regular contact with. If he isn't cheerleading for Wake than that is a serious problem.

I'm going with CP3 being a decent person. That means he's likely telling Harry to do what's best for him and offering to be a resource with the unique ability to offer perspective on what it's like playing at Wake as well as what it's like playing for Coach K. I would hope if he's being a cheerleader for Wake it's because he believes that Wake is the best place for Harry.

Well, Timmy D hates Duke, so maybe he'll intervene... (Nah...)

If what I'm being told comes to pass, things are about to get extremely interesting with our fan base.

Back