• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

57700483.jpg

Playing around with 247's class calculator and adding in a comparable 2016 player to the class (since SJM hasn't been reclassified on there yet) improves the class ranking to 38.38, which puts the class at #7 in the ACC between ND (#6) and GT (#8).

Include that Giles bailed on UNC to visit again.

Feeling really good about our bigs going forward. In one season, Manning raised Devin's ceiling as a player. Dinos showed big time potential as well.
With all these vibes, I really, really want to let this one slide, but huh?

What about when we add Harry?

Adding Harry would improve the class score to approximately 47.65, which would put us at #4 between UVA (#3) and Syracuse (#5). I don't know what the scholly/recruiting situations are at the schools that would be below us (I know Syracuse is losing some scholarships, right?), but a class with Harry in it could be caught by Syracuse and UNC with the way that 247 ranks them.

Adding Harry would improve the class score to approximately 47.65, which would put us at #4 between UVA (#3) and Syracuse (#5). I don't know what the scholly/recruiting situations are at the schools that would be below us (I know Syracuse is losing some scholarships, right?), but a class with Harry in it could be caught by Syracuse and UNC with the way that 247 ranks them.

Signing Harry would be absurd and make this class a huge step in the right direction. I'm psyched about SJM, but these rankings, even including Harry, just goes to show what level of recruiting it's going to take to be competitive for ACC championships.

ETA congrats to DM on a solid pick up and welcome SJM!

With all these vibes, I really, really want to let this one slide, but huh?

Devin is an up and down player, but his ceiling has been higher under Manning than it was before.

Devin is an up and down player, but his ceiling has been higher under Manning than it was before.

Didn't he up his rebounding last year by 1 or 2 a game? I seem to remember him being a double double machine.

He was a slightly better rebounder last season. Beyond that, he looked like the same player from his freshman season. I don't wanna turn this into a thread about Devin, so agree to disagree.

He was a slightly better rebounder last season. Beyond that, he looked like the same player from his freshman season. I don't wanna turn this into a thread about Devin, so agree to disagree.

cant forget he went from a 52% FT shooter to right at 60%... If he somehow gets that up to 65% this year he will average 14-15 ppg

Back