• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

So much delusion. A Zimbabwean prince sent me an an email about a once in a lifetime financial opportunity if any of you want me to forward on.

By 1PM, let's get rid of this thread and start a 2017 recruiting one. I need to find a way to move on.

so the current #livingrumors are:

1.) KVegas heard something from a poster here that suggests Harry is going to Duke, but that would also violate HIPAA
2.) RChildress106 and that current student poster heard something about Harry's visit to campus yesterday that suggests Harry is going to Wake

And then we have all of the posters who heard Duke rumors Wednesday night into yesterday morning, but no idea if those rumors changed with news of Giles' injury.

oh, and the dentists

Basically. Are the KVegas and/or Doofus rumors based solely on the fact that Harry is having his surgery done at Duke?

Everyone needs to relax. It is not like NC State or FSU are landing top 10 ranked 5 star recruits.

Lets wait until our commits put on a Wake uniform and see the court to evaluate and lets give Danny some time to develop and coach them. So let's just wait and meet back up after the 2019-2020 season is done to evaluate this recruiting class.

Basically. Are the KVegas and/or Doofus rumors based solely on the fact that Harry is having his surgery done at Duke?

Dude, wake up. If Giles was planning to commit to Wake in 2 hours, there would be some positive buzz. There is NONE. All the buzz is that he's going to Duke. Multiple people who are as close to "insiders" as we have. It's not happening. It was never happening. Hopefully he averages 1.3 points per game for Duke next year, then goes and plays in Kazakhstan or somewhere and we never have to hear his fucking name ever again.

scheyer10n.jpg

Inbox issues fixed.

Had no idea EVERYTHING had to be cleared out to be able to send messages. Had no idea how to do it on phone and didn't have time to investigate the process yesterday. #job

Yeah, but Manning is going after a Top 5-10 player (depending on what recruiting service you prefer) player in the class of 2017.
And Duke is the early favorite for him, too.

I don't think the info shared with me was a HIPAA or FERPA violation.

In fact, after re-reading, it's definitely not HIPAA. Really gray if it's FERPA...probably more like protecting one's professional integrity.

Sorry to mislead, especially in light of Harry's knee injury which the nature of was simply unknown or was a "tweak" when this information was shared with me.

One has nothing to do with the other, although I do think Harry has moved up his selection date because of the injury.

I'm wondering where he'll finish high school...maybe he'll finish with his friends at WCA.

Just stop. Its just getting sadder and sadder. You are a fucking idiot. Go back to your hayseed kernersville hole.

This was something today and not from a recruiting analyst or any other secondhand source. We would love to report it but we cannot due to the nature of the information. I know it sucks to do this to you guys but we don't have any other options other than to sit silent and watch us all get crushed next week.

You really just have to sit silent? You can't even respond to people's questions about your source?

Not at all.

(Response to RC - forgot to quote)

I mean aside from Ben Howland, what proven head coach could we have hired? This was such a dumpster fire of a program, I don't know why anyone would have wanted it. The 4 years of that human pile of excrement killed us. Losing out on the number 1 recruit to a blue blood program doesn't mean Manning can't coach. If we are in the bubble discussion this year or better, we should feel like we have a fine coach in place.

You answered your question before you asked it.

Back