• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

pretty sure Bam was just stringing NCSU along until Giles made a decision. If he had chosen Wake Bam would be at State..once Duke came out it was UK all the way
Interesting theory, but it seems strange to me. Any more insight details? At Wake or Duke he would play against him while at State. At KU he is removed from the issue mostly.

The reports this morning are that Bam is going to either UK or KU, with everything pointing towards UK. So State isn't even part of the discussion anymore. So Gott gets his extension and raise and is subsequently run out of his own gym by W&M and losses out on Bam. Homeboy is cleaning up lately.

The reports this morning are that Bam is going to either UK or KU, with everything pointing towards UK. So State isn't even part of the discussion anymore. So Gott gets his extension and raise and is subsequently run out of his own gym by W&M and losses out on Bam. Homeboy is cleaning up lately.
This seems kind of silly to say right now as a Wake fan. State's gonna be fine.

I mean, yeah, speaking as a Wake fan there are probably 100 other programs that are in a better position than us right now. That doesn't change the fact that if I was a State fan I wouldn't be happy with what's going on right now. Even with adding DSJ, Gott puts a pretty visible ceiling on that program. That ceiling may be the sweet 16 and I would love to have that for us right now, but if I was a State fan I would be feeling pretty salty right now.

They haven't been to the Elite 8 in 30 years. Before Gott, they had one Sweet 16 apppearance since 1989. I think most State fans are pretty happy with Gott's ceiling. DSJ, Rowan, Martin, Abu, Anya is still a really, really good lineup for next year, and they're still in it with Rawle Alkins. I wouldn't put much stock into an early season loss.

Last edited:
100 other programs in better position than us right now? really?

It's not a hard argument to make...

Year
Rating

We're currently 67, but that's not yet based on any meaningful results on the court and it relies on the assumption we have players that aren't currently playing due to injuries, suspensions, etc. I'd say it's pretty easy to argue there are 100 teams in a better position than us given our success (of lack thereof) over the last 5 years.

Last edited:
i remember when some of you were whining that adidas was delivering bam to us. How i long for those days :(

so a Wake fan can't comment on NCSU's home loss to a CAA team and them missing out on a top recruit that was deemed a lock to them just a week ago?

gtfo with that shit

Fuck you, Ayo. You're the antithesis of a College sports fan. Maybe if we aren't successful for another year or so, you'll forget all about the Deacs and get back to fellatting Tom Brady.

Back