• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Here are our offers as ranked in the Rivals Top-150:

#3 Mohammad Bamba, 6'11, PF/C. Duke
#4 Wendell Carter Jr, 6'10, C. Duke
#5 Trevon Duval, 6'2, PG. Not Here
#7 Kevin Knox, 6'8, SF. Duke
#10 Hamidou Diallo, 6'4, SG. Kentucky
#24 D.J. Harvey, 6'7, SG/SF. Arizona
#27 Charles O'Bannon Jr, 6'6, SG. Texas
#32 Paul Scruggs, 6'3, PG. Indiana
#36 Malik Williams, 6'10, PF/C. Michigan State
#38 Mitchell Ballock, 6'4, SG. Kansas
#45 Kimani Lawrence, 6'5, SF. Not Here, probably Big East
#47 Tremont Waters, 5'9, PG. UConn
#71 Devontae Shuler, 6'3, PG. UNC
#73 Brandon Randolph, 6'6, SG. Possible Wake, but is fast rising out of our reach
#75 Brandon Rachal, 6'4, SG. Possible Wake, Texas also in good shape
#76 Chaundee Brown, 6'5, SG/SF. Florida, Kansas or Maryland
#88 Jamal Johnson, 6'4, SG. Alabama or Auburn
#94 Darius Perry, 6'2, PG. SEC
#100 Lavar Batts Jr, 6'1, PG. NC State, but Wake has a shot
#102 Nicolas Claxton, 6'8, SF/PF. Maryland, but Wake has a shot
#106 Victor Uyaelunmo, 7'0, C. FSU, Florida or Miami
#107 Melo Eggleston, 6'8, SF. Syracuse, but Wake has a shot
#111 Greg Floyd Jr, 6'7, SG/SF. UNLV or PAC 12
#120 Alex Barcello, 6'4, PG. UVa or Arizona
#123 Justin Smith, 6'6, SF
. Big Ten

Anxiously, yet patiently, anticipating the next post from WakeForestRanger. I love how he soldiers on, ignoring all of this non-recruiting discussion, in an attempt to actually relay information.
+1
It was impressive, and a bit funny, how he continued posting useful info and sticking to the point of this thread while everyone else was off on a tangent.

Any info on whether Manning will be here or in Kansas (or even Greece) when the post grad visits tomorrow?

UCF transfer Matt Williams told @CBSSports is considering UTEP, Wake Forest, George Washington, Rider, and Miami. No official list.

Looks like a 6-5 SG grad transfer. Not very good numbers. 37/33/74 shooting splits last year.

Looks like a 6-5 SG grad transfer. Not very good numbers. 37/33/74 shooting splits last year.

True but went into a horrible shooting slump over his final 7 games. Shot 7/45 from 3. Up until that he was 39.5% from 3. Also shot 38% from 3 as a freshman on almost 5 attempts per game. Hopefully he can shoot close to 40% from 3 next year. Doesnt get to the line much-looks to be more of a catch and shoot player. Outside of Arians, probably one Wake's better options at this point. Good to see us make his list.

Williams only played 9 minutes his sophomore year. Why didn't he redshirt ? Was UCF eager to get him off the team ASAP ?

If we add Arians and Williams, then I'm ready to declare that good enough. Taking a couple of one and done 6'5 grad transfers that can knock down a three point shot is probably the best we can hope for. More importantly, they're only here for a year and those scholarships are preserved for the 2017 recruits.

I think he'd be fine as the second grad transfer filling a spot, especially if he can play any defense. The alternative is just having an open spot, so nothing to lose. Would be disappointed if he's the only grad transfer we were able to get though.

If we add Arians and Williams, then I'm ready to declare that good enough. Taking a couple of one and done 6'5 grad transfers that can knock down a three point shot is probably the best we can hope for. More importantly, they're only here for a year and those scholarships are preserved for the 2017 recruits.

Agreed. I'd be perfectly fine with a 6'5 Wilbekin at the 3. We probably still need another playmaker but running a Crawford - Moore/Collins PnR along with 3 shooters 40 times a game would mitigate some of this issue.

Defense is definitely a priority at SG/SF.

Any basketball IQ at SF would be nice after the Hudson/McClinton experiment.

Has anybody watched Arians and Williams in action and can comment on this? I'll try to watch some tape this weekend if not.

Last edited:
Back