• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Any basketball IQ at SF would be nice after the Hudson/McClinton experiment.

Has anybody watched Arians and Williams in action and can comment on this? I'll try to watch some tape this weekend if not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, Arians looks like a scrappy gym rat with a high basketball IQ that does all the little things.

ESPN page for Williams was incorrect earlier and was missing a year and has been updated. He was injured early in his junior year and got a medical redshirt. 15-16 coming back from injury was worse than his freshmen and sophomore years where he didn't shoot anything basically other than 4 or 5 threes a game and went 93/242 (.385).

Would be a good addition with Arians.

Arians can ball, might be slow for the ACC though

Has a really slow release

Coaches that watched Bamba and Randolph today.

Danny Manning- Wake
Roy Williams & Steve Robinson - UNC
Nate James - Duke
Chuck Martin - Indiana
Ricky Moore - Uconn
Steve Donahue - Penn

So of the contenders, only Wake and UNC sent their head coach.

Andrew Slater

"6'5" Coby White '18 of CP3 16s & Greenfield School has generated strong interest from Wake Forest, N.C. St. & Clemson"

@coreyevans_10
Miami, Wake Forest, Marquette, Alabama, Auburn, UNLV, Texas, Clemson, and ECU among those that have reached out Duquesne transfer LG Gill

6-7 grad transfer, plays both F spots, averaged 10 and 7 boards last year, shot 34% from three on about 5 attempts a game

I'm guessing Gill will have plenty of tourney offers that will make it tough for us, but he would be very helpful. Appears to be pretty athletic too from some clips on the Twitter machine.

Did the 5th year transfer that WFU was expecting to visit this weekend make his visit?

Just looked at ESPN's 2016 rankings for the first time in a while. Eli Wright at #56. Bruno Fernando at #70.

ETA: Fernando #63 on 247 (committed to SMU a week ago).

Last edited:
Derryck Thornton is transferring from Duke. I assume a transfer in conference is out of the question, but if not it's someone we should look into.

Darius Days is picking up interest from Wake. He already has an offer from Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Back