• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

I'm just curious what the massive hole in his game will be. His AAU team got plenty of exposure so there must be some reason why he is rated so low.
He definitely favors that left hand and doesn't have great athleticism. I agree, though. Just from the few highlights I've seen, I think he should be rated a little higher.

Yeah, I think he might not be quick twitchy and bouncy. Probably doesn't create much against good competition (judging from AAU scoring stats). Shooting stroke looks good though and good size for a wing.

I'm just curious what the massive hole in his game will be. His AAU team got plenty of exposure so there must be some reason why he is rated so low.

Not a freak athlete. His dunks aren't explosive. By contrast, Kwe's athleticism was the entire reason he was rated as highly as he was at one point in time.

Last edited:
Really surprised that Washington isn't rated higher. Yeah, his HS competition isn't very good; however, he seems to have:

Good size for guard/wing
Good handle (especially for his size)
Good passing and feel for the game
Good stroke and range
Adequate athleticism

I don't expect him to come in and average 15 points next year, but he seems like an upgrade over the players we have brought in over the last 5 years or so (even if he isn't really ranked higher than those players) and should contribute right away. It has been a long time since we have had a wing with decent size and athleticism that can also shoot.

He'll have every opportunity to earn enough PT (and FGA's) to average 15 ppg next season.

Not a freak athlete. His dunks aren't explosive. By contrast, Kwe's athleticism was the entire reason he was rated as highly as he was at one point in time.

I guess we'll see if his only problem is a lack of athleticism.

I've seen enough elite athletes at Wake who couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie- I'm ready for a decent athlete that has actual basketball skills such as shooting, passing, dribbling. Hoping Washington might be that guy.

I've seen enough elite athletes at Wake who couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie- I'm ready for a decent athlete that has actual basketball skills such as shooting, passing, dribbling. Hoping Washington might be that guy.

Bingo!!!

I've heard from a couple of different people familiar with that area of basketball that Richard Washington is the real deal.

I haven't gotten a chance to see him myself, but hopefully he can step in and help out from day one.

Still want to grab a post-grad at the 3 for starting purposes. Otherwise we are going with a 3-guard lineup again (Crawford, Mitch, Woods) to start the year.

Meh. People familiar with NC basketball said CMM was the real deal. People said JTT was the real deal as well.

Meh. People familiar with NC basketball said CMM was the real deal. People said JTT was the real deal as well.

If he ends up being as good as CMM or JTT, coupled with an actual coach, I'll be pretty happy. Both of those guys would have been great third or fourth options, which is exactly what we need Washington to be

Well we need an actual coach, Crawford to improve as a 1st option, Collins to be an option, Woods to be an option, and then RWash can be a good 4th option.

JTT was the real deal on the court. He was a major headache off the court however

I've heard from a couple of different people familiar with that area of basketball that Richard Washington is the real deal.

I haven't gotten a chance to see him myself, but hopefully he can step in and help out from day one.

Still want to grab a post-grad at the 3 for starting purposes. Otherwise we are going with a 3-guard lineup again (Crawford, Mitch, Woods) to start the year.

Not sure that follows. At least I sure hope not. If Mitch is playing a lot of minutes next year it will be another suckfest.

Any chance Washington ends up being a Danny Green 3 and D style for us? I can't remember the last time we had a good one like that

Well we need an actual coach, Crawford to improve as a 1st option, Collins to be an option, Woods to be an option, and then RWash can be a good 4th option.

All of which seems likely. Manning has shown the ability to develop talent (using it correctly is another issue). Crawford and Collins will be our first and second options to start the year and both seem capable of actually handling those roles. Had JTT or CMM had the luxury to come in and play behind those two as third options their careers would have been much more successful (off court issues aside).

Any chance Washington ends up being a Danny Green 3 and D style for us? I can't remember the last time we had a good one like that

Josh Howard and Senior year Trent Strickland.

"Jordan Goldwire interest from Notre Dame, Wake Forest, UGA, Ga State, & FSU. Young skilled guard w/ lots of talent."

Back