• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Yes and I agree. He is a swing guard. Needs to work on his shot and be a threat. Going to make an impact with his length almost immediately and by the time he has filled out he will be tough. Has really good rhythm on the bounce. He is a heck of a lot better than he is being rated imo.

Physicality will be a problem at first for sure.
I don't see a ton of minutes for him in his first year. Brown is bettter and more ready immediately. But Melo should be a really good contributor before he leaves the black and gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked Eric Bossi (Rivals) about Eggleston a few months ago and he pretty much said that he didn't have any idea how good (or how bad) he is. According to Bossi, Eggleston has been tough to track because he has changed travel teams quite a bit and he's had to deal with some injuries during the HS season.

Yes and I agree. He is a swing guard. Needs to work on his shot and be a threat. Going to make an impact with his length almost immediately and by the time he has filled out he will be tough. Has really good rhythm on the bounce. He is a heck of a lot better than he is being rated imo.

Physicality will be a problem at first for sure.
I don't see a ton of minutes for him in his first year. Brown is bettter and more ready immediately. But Melo should be a really good contributor before he leaves the black and gold.

I think we can pencil in Brown for Arians' minutes and Melo can take some of Wilbekin's minutes to give us more size. We had some awfully small combinations of Childress, Wilbekin, Crawford, and Woods on the court.

Anybody watch Brown tonight?

Noah Dickerson decided to stay at Washington. Wake had been mentioned as a possible destination for him before
Sarr committed.

There's a long sound delay. About 20-25 seconds. Weird to see people clap and sit down in the middle of the national anthem. Tony Rutland was an assistant coach on one of the teams. Shoutout at 25:50.

#24 in White. He got into the game at 35:00. He actually tried to play defense. He made a play at 42:00 and hit a sweet step back 3 at 55:00.

A putback and a fastbreak layup starting around the 58:30 mark with a Manning mention. He's literally the only guy actually trying to play D and box out.

Nice alleyoop pass at 1:16:40. Good block at 1:17:40. Nice assist at 1:19:40. Floater at 1:20:30. [Sweet Gary Trent, Jr. pull up 3] Basket and steal at 1:20:50. Layup at 1:22:30 although he needs to go with his left hand. Announcers are gushing over him at this point and mention him as a possible MVP.

This is an easy game to follow. Both teams sub in shifts. Chaundee plays in the 2nd shift in the 1st half and 1st shift in the 2nd half.

1:36:05 fouled on layup missed FT followed by some talk about Wake's season. 1:37:55 another sweet alley oop pass. Dunk at 1:38:15. Announcers talk about how he's always around the ball.

Final score 198-152.

Yeah. That's the actual score. They played 12 min quarters. There's a kid in a tie-dye around Iverson at 1:51:30. I think he signed autographs the whole 2nd half.

I didn't omit much. He had 2 missed 3-pointers, a bad pass or two. That's it. He looked really good. Nice hustle for an all-star game.

MVP wasn't announced. Chaundee was mentioned at the end as a possibility.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/hi...n-roundball-classic-day-3-20170421-story.html

Chaundee had 21. PJ Washington (UK) was the MVP with 37.

Last edited:
Thanks Ph. I watched several minutes and he was all over the place rebounding, making nice assists, and got a few steals. Looked like one of the best (if not the best) all around player on the floor

Sounds like NC State is making Hoard a priority as well

So are we more excited about Sarr for his own abilities or because he will help us land Hoard. It can't be both.

If Bryant returns for his senior year and Chaundee stays, we could have a starting package that would include Bryant, Chaundee and Hoard. That would compete with basically anyone in the country.

Sounds like we are on the short list for Hoard and Wiggins.

I didn't realize we were after Wiggins too hard. I know he's a teammate of Hoard but they'll most likely play same position in college. Getting Mucius w/ Hoard looks like it would be a better gig and I think we're in great shape with Mucius. Then we have to think about Johnny Newman III, who is a similar type player. And we'll need a PG, especially if Craw leaves early, so we'd most likely prioritize Wright over at least one of those guys, prob 2.

A lot of moving parts in 2018 but at least we are in good shape with what looks to be 3-5 top 100 guys.

IMO, our realistic, ideal class would be Hoard, Mucius, Wright, despite Wrights drop in rankings. Then, hopefully we could get lucky and pick up a big man to cap the class.

Are most thinking McCormack is a definite no at this point?

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- Sarr picks Wake; post-grad prospects in 1st post

Wiggins' offer list and suitors are very strong. I'm guessing his ranking will move up after the spring to adjust for that. The prioritization will be very interesting between Hoard, Wiggins and Mucius. The first two being HS teammates makes it a little easier though.

Hoard will obviously be the top target imo along with Dotson if we stay in that one.

Wiggins' offer list and suitors are very strong. I'm guessing his ranking will move up after the spring to adjust for that. The prioritization will be very interesting between Hoard, Wiggins and Mucius. The first two being HS teammates makes it a little easier though.

Hoard will obviously be the top target imo along with Dotson if we stay in that one.

Speaking of which, USC (the real one) just offered Wiggins.

Back