• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

I really like the interchangeability of the players that Danny is getting. So many possibilities with the lineups. Potential to have great rebounding and good defensive teams. As much as Wilbiken and Woods have given us in the last year, there is so much more potential with the size we are going to have.

any word when hoard and mucius announce?

While they could announce at anytime, the timelines both give suggest a decision between August and October.

Isaiah Mucius's decision timeline.

"He does have a plan in place for what may occur following his travel season. “I will probably commit in the fall before my school season starts,” he said. “I don’t know when, but I will figure it out after the AAU season when I sit down with my parents and spread everything out and see what we got.”"

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/interest-in-mucius-rising-uconn-jumps-into-hunt

Jaylen Hoard's decision timeline

“For now, I’m trying to focus on AAU and the [France] National Team and then I’ll look at where I’m going to go to college.”

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...1-eybl-jaylen-hoard-adjusts-to-ball-in-the-us

While they could announce at anytime, the timelines both give suggest a decision between August and October.

Isaiah Mucius's decision timeline.

"he does have a plan in place for WhAt may occur following his travel season. “i will probably commit in the fall before my school season starts,” he said. “i don’t Know whEn, but I will Figure it Out afteR thE aau Season when i siT down with my parents and spread everything out and see what we got.”"

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/interest-in-mucius-rising-uconn-jumps-into-hunt

Jaylen Hoard's decision timeline

“for noW, i’m trying to focus on Aau and the [france] national team and then I’ll looK at whEre I’m going to go to college.”

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...1-eybl-jaylen-hoard-adjusts-to-ball-in-the-us

Looks like we are probably waiting until the fall or later for decisions.

Wright is the player people were expecting to commit first. The excitement about him is spread throughout the thread. There just wasn't surprise aside from the timing.

Seems like he can be an Ervin Murray type swing player for us. That fills a major need for 2018 going forward.

If he doesn't project better than Earvin Murray then he shouldn't be getting a scholarship.

Yeah, no disrespect to Ervin Murray, but that is an awful comparison (aside from height).

Murray was a 4 year bench player with very modest numbers and absolutely no jump shot.

Overlapped with my time at Wake... By all accounts a great guy, but I am hoping Wright has a lot more on-court success.

Yeah, no disrespect to Ervin Murray, but that is an awful comparison (aside from height).

Murray was a 4 year bench player with very modest numbers and absolutely no jump shot.

Overlapped with my time at Wake... By all accounts a great guy, but I am hoping Wright has a lot more on-court success.

Was hoping I wasn't the only one with this opinion.

If we can just get a Phil Medlin-like player to pair with the next Earvin Murray, we're in business !

Murray was a valuable role player who played three positions. I hope Wright can do that as a better player than Murray was.

A guy who sucks at three positions and only gets minutes because of his height is not something that popped into my mind when pondering Wright's commitment.

And since we've got Childress Jr and Wright Jr, can we also get the following:

Grant Hill Jr, Elden Campbell Jr, Harold Deane Jr, and Rasheed Wallace Jr. ?

I hope he is but that's probably about average for a 3 star recruit. Crab was a better player than Murray by a wide margin. We definitely could have used him last year. Again without the off court issues.

Crab was clueless on the court. He was out of position on both ends of the court almost all the time. Just because he could make a spectacular play every few games doesn't mean he should be playing.

Our team was incredibly prepared and executed on a superior level last season. Crab would have hindered this.

And Murray had zero basketball talent. IQ is great but talent normally wins out.

Yeah we used to call him The Human Turnover, he was horrible. He couldn't shoot and got in quick trouble whenever he faced on-ball pressure. He put together some decent games his senior year by just getting rid of the ball whenever anyone came near him, but for the bulk of his career whenever he touched the ball something bad happened. By all accounts a great guy, but not a starting ACC caliber player other than out of necessity.

Crab was clueless on the court. He was out of position on both ends of the court almost all the time. Just because he could make a spectacular play every few games doesn't mean he should be playing.

Our team was incredibly prepared and executed on a superior level last season. Crab would have hindered this.

I mean our entire team was out of position on one end of the court and Crab wouldn't have hindered the offense at all. He was capable of running the offense in a pinch. He hit a sophomore slump and apparently wasn't coachable, but he couldn't have been any worse at guarding wings than Wilbekin, Arians, etc.

If he could have sorted out the off court issues he would have been a net positive to last year's team.

Back