• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Jack Whitman, a graduate transfer big man, is leaving Kansas after enrolling earlier this year as a grad transfer. Previously played at W&M. Not known if will play or where he's considering playing next season.

Jack Whitman, a graduate transfer big man, is leaving Kansas after enrolling earlier this year as a grad transfer. Previously played at W&M. Not known if will play or where he's considering playing next season.

I think he was the subject of speculation early in the grad transfer season. He would reduce the pressure for Sarr, Sam and Doral to play big minutes and be five more fouls in the post. Also would allow Dinos to just be the stretch 4.

I think he was the subject of speculation early in the grad transfer season. He would reduce the pressure for Sarr, Sam and Doral to play big minutes and be five more fouls in the post. Also would allow Dinos to just be the stretch 4.

I would hope he would reduce Dinos' minutes and reduce the need to go small. Whitman playing 15 min at PF and 5 at C would be huge.

Interesting. Looks like KU needed a scholarship free in case Bagley declassifies and commits there. So Whitman may have been forced out.

Anybody saying he might visit Wake or are we just spitballing based on fit? KC article says Duke visit happening.

Dotson and Hamilton are both pretty big long shots for the Deacs at this point. Still interested on whether a potential 4th recruit (assuming two versatile wings) would be a big or a combo guard

My first thought was that Bagley is reclassifying and choosing Kansas, but it sounds like that is still a longshot (at least in the short term)... So I have to assume there is more to the story.

UNC is watching Laszewski. Click above for the tweet. Had to hide the ugly UNC logo.

Last edited:
Drue Drinnon is going to be playing his senior season at the University School in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. It gets him out of UGA's backyard but it likely will have little impact on his recruitment though unless he decides to lengthen his decision timeline.

He's supposed to be deciding soon (I thought it was in July) but the longer this drags on without new schools being mentioned, I see WF getting more of a shot since UGA has been the perceived leader for a while so you'd expect him to have committed to UGA already.

Last edited:

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- '18 PG Sharone Wright, Jr. commits to Wake!

Second time today Danny watched Laszewski. Looks like Woodberry is with him too. The priority there is pretty obvious now.

Wright, Hoard, Laszewski would be a very good class. Adding Mucius or the long-shot Ayooooo to that would be spectacular.

Wright, Hoard, Laszewski would be a very good class. Adding Mucius or the long-shot Ayooooo to that would be spectacular.
Yep, those 3 make it a top 25 class. Mucius, Ayo, or Dotson makes it a top 10 class. Drinnon or another similarly ranked player puts it top 15/20.

Back