• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Would those 3 really be top 25? I like that class but from a total ranking I guess it depends where NL ends up. It's been crickets for Sharone lately so that might bring the class ranking down a bit.

Would those 3 really be top 25? I like that class but from a total ranking I guess it depends where NL ends up. It's been crickets for Sharone lately so that might bring the class ranking down a bit.
Well, it's a top 25 class on 247 based on the class calculator when compared to the last 3 years' classes. Landing Hoard really helps plus Laszewski is a top 100 recruit now so he adds a decent bump as well.

Last edited:

Sharon's transferring to that new school (forgot its name) should change his ranking either positively or negatively. He will get more exposure it just depends what he does with it.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- '18 PG Sharone Wright, Jr. commits to Wake!

CharlotteDeac1 said:
Sharon's transferring to that new school (forgot its name) should change his ranking either positively or negatively. He will get more exposure it just depends what he does with it.

It takes a lot to change your status after pre- senior season summer AAU/camp events. That's where the analysts get to see the most matchups of good players and has the heaviest weight on rankings.

More importantly, playing at a better HS will hopefully speed up his development though.

It takes a lot to change your status after pre- senior season summer AAU/camp events. That's where the analysts get to see the most matchups of good players and has the heaviest weight on rankings.

More importantly, playing at a better HS will hopefully speed up his development though.
Agree. Wright's rank is going to remain where it currently is, especially since his AAU team played on the lower exposure Adidas silver level, which means less scout evals. As said above, Wright's just got to keep developing & polishing his game at this point.

Good point, same type of thing happened to Melo even when he started to improve during his senior season.

Melo is going to be a nice 4 year player for us.

Agreed, just pointing out his injury and therefore lack of appearances on the summer circuit pre-senior season hurt his rating (even when he was top 100 before injury).

We shall see, I have low expectations

Ah yes. The lack of mixtapes. Watching that all-star game convinced me. He's got nice tools and the mixtapes that are out there show a nice work ethic.

Ah yes. The lack of mixtapes. Watching that all-star game convinced me. He's got nice tools and the mixtapes that are out there show a nice work ethic.

Agree. He is explosive, and very long. I like him.

Agree. He is explosive, and very long. I like him.
Yes, I like him too, he could end up being a Jamaal Levy type player for us, good rebounder, plays defense, gets some garbage buckets. With this 7' wingspan he will help deflecting passes too when on the perimeter and make it tougher for teams to make entry passes, hopefully saving fouls on Sam, Doral and Dinos inside

Last edited:

He's attending Legacy Charter in Greenville SC. It's a newer school (2010ish) & doesn't have anywhere close to the same track record of the Oak Hill/Hargrave/Brewster type of prep schools. The only other D-1 prospect produced by Legacy to my knowledge is Nicolas Claxton (2017 UGA signee not top 100 on any lists but had WF offer). Juwan Evans (2017 NBA draftee from OkSt) played there as a soph only.

Wright played in the highest classification in SC last year so I'm not sure how the level of competition/coaching compares

Back