• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

So you all talk about the last few pages of this thread for 20 minutes?

If you're interested, another edition of the BSD Recruit Report dropped last night. About 20 minutes in total. Covers a decent amount of what has been discussed the past few pages.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bloggersodear/2017/07/23/bsd-recruit-report-episode-2-3

Thanks for all the work with both podcasts. I've really enjoyed listening to both. I listened to the recruit one this morning and was impressed how much content was in the 20 minutes. Please keep up the good work

So you all talk about the last few pages of this thread for 20 minutes?

I probably should have phrased it a little differently, but they go into a lot more detail into multiple players discussed on this thread, as well as some names/thoughts that are not included on this thread (to the best of my knowledge). I think it is worth your time even if you have kept up with this thread and know the names of the key Wake Forest targets.

Appreciate the kind words from everybody else.

Mucius will visit Wake mid September. Mike Devoe will visit sometime in September. Llewelyn just committed to Princeton and Lazewski just got 5 Crystall balls to Notre Dame.

Kind of a dicky thing to say. DF27 adds a lot of recruiting info here and on their own (free) site.

I was making fun of the pitch that 27 himself admits wasn't a good one.

Mucius will visit Wake mid September. Mike Devoe will visit sometime in September. Llewelyn just committed to Princeton and Lazewski just got 5 Crystall balls to Notre Dame.

Would have been nice to have the legacy that the staff apparently wanted.

He definitely has a ND vibe to him.

Utah State and FSU aren't optimal games for high profile recruiting visits.

I'm kinda surprised more guys ranked 50+ don't go the Ivy League route after Lin made the league out of Harvard.

I'm kinda surprised more guys ranked 50+ don't go the Ivy League route after Lin made the league out of Harvard.

Ivies don't give athletic scholarships. Harvard has been more creative than the others at finding financial aid for athletes. The other Ivies haven't really gotten on board with that mode of doing business.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- '18 PG Sharone Wright, Jr. commits to Wake!

bigboy8 said:

Now 7 CBs to ND, which sucks

New assistant Jamil Jones has the lead on DeVoe, that would be a huge first win for him. Ayo plans to visit in the Fall too.

Let's just get Hoard, Mucius, DeVoe and Wright

Sounds like it's time for an updated podcast next week :D

At least wait a few pages.

In reference to the podcast, the main purpose of it was to create a new form of content for people to absorb recruiting news. Not everyone enjoys reading through 1500 word breakdowns on BSD, so this is a slight diversification of that which some may enjoy. We have former Deacon OL Taylor Chambers joining the podcast in a few weeks to talk about our 2018 OL commits, and are reaching out to staff members, players, and recruits in the coming weeks to help keep things interesting for everyone. Really glad there's been great support for it so far, but obviously always open to opportunities to improve.

I compiled a list of top 2019 targets last week that has rankings, highlights, past visits and more within it. It's the same format as the 2018 Spreadsheet that I posted on BSD a while back. If people are interested in checking that out, I'll link it below. Cheers guys

2019 Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17cmt7DmAbzVHPufHa_K6wSjoyP9z641g7OGi8VRpg2w/edit?usp=sharing

Back