• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

In reference to the podcast, the main purpose of it was to create a new form of content for people to absorb recruiting news. Not everyone enjoys reading through 1500 word breakdowns on BSD, so this is a slight diversification of that which some may enjoy. We have former Deacon OL Taylor Chambers joining the podcast in a few weeks to talk about our 2018 OL commits, and are reaching out to staff members, players, and recruits in the coming weeks to help keep things interesting for everyone. Really glad there's been great support for it so far, but obviously always open to opportunities to improve.

I compiled a list of top 2019 targets last week that has rankings, highlights, past visits and more within it. It's the same format as the 2018 Spreadsheet that I posted on BSD a while back. If people are interested in checking that out, I'll link it below. Cheers guys

2019 Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17cmt7DmAbzVHPufHa_K6wSjoyP9z641g7OGi8VRpg2w/edit?usp=sharing

No one should give you guys shit for doing a podcast about Wake Forest sports. We should appreciate all the Wake reporting we can get.

Laszewski just looks like an ND guy. Worried there.

And that podcast >>>>>>> the Ph and RJ drivel on this thread. I'll keep listening.

Laszewski just looks like an ND guy. Worried there.

And that podcast >>>>>>> the Ph and RJ drivel on this thread. I'll keep listening.

Agreed, nice work BSD. Doofus, who is your co-star?

Neither of the people on the pod is Doofus.

Good news, something just happened which seemingly further indicates WF will land Jaylen Hoard - he suffered an injury.

I joke about it solely because it's most likely a sprained ankle so nothing too serious but he is going to miss the FIBA U18 tournament this week & next.

With the great commitment news we've had in football the past few days, I'm ready for some similar news on the hoops front

It's up to 8 now. But oddly enough 247 changed his status to list both Wake and Notre Dame as "warmer".

I'm so confused, but I like it. Could it be something along the lines of news leaked that he was between ND and Wake, and everyone with whom the information was shared is betting on ND.

I'm so confused, but I like it. Could it be something along the lines of news leaked that he was between ND and Wake, and everyone with whom the information was shared is betting on ND.

Given that he got 7/8 in like an hour I think ND is in the driver's seat.

We aren't even listed as an offer by 247Sports on Roberts, so that's interesting.

We just offered Roberts on the 14th.

Nate Roberts, Class of 2018
6'8-6'10, 195-205
SF/PF

3-star: Rivals
3-star: Scout (#140 overall, #32 PF
4-star: ESPN (#37 PF)
3-star: 247 (#223 overall, #44 PF)

I'm guessing that's conditional based on hearing from several guys first. I doubt our staff would rule out getting more than two of Hoard, Mucius, Laszewski, Ayo, and others.

Balancing how good they are and their perceived interest in Wake, I think my personal priority list is:

Hoard
Mucius
DeVoe
Laszewski
Ayo
Drinnon

Everyone else

We're starting to lose some of our better fall back options but the possibility of a Hoard, Mucius and Ayo class is still on the table. It would be nice if Hoard committed soon to see what level of talent we can put around him.

Left-handed PF... When does the Devin Thomas comparison start surface? oh wait

We're starting to lose some of our better fall back options but the possibility of a Hoard, Mucius and Ayo class is still on the table. It would be nice if Hoard committed soon to see what level of talent we can put around him.

Ayo is a real long shot.

Back