• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

"Annoyed" was the wrong word, I guess. I didn't mean that he's unhappy about us recruiting another PG... Of course that is going to happen. I just think it has to motivate him to hear teammates mention that we are just a PG away from competing for a national championship. I know it would fire me up.

Not really. They know we are looking for a PG to round out the class because Crawford may go pro and leave only one on the roster. If anyone should be mad it's Wright who was seen as a combo.

Not really. They know we are looking for a PG to round out the class because Crawford may go pro and leave only one on the roster. If anyone should be mad it's Wright who was seen as a combo.

This is true. Wright is getting overlooked. So is Chill. More talent for the team is a win for all though.

I think Chill has a big year. The game started to slow down for him by ACC play, and he proved he was ready as a freshman. He's got a nice shot and really good handles. He's definitely my pick for biggest jump out of the sophomores.

This. I wasn't sure of Brandon at first but he's impressed me at times and I think he will be a helluva player for Wake.

Chill's only real problem was that he constantly got too deep with no exit plan, which resulted in either turnovers or errant shots. As mentioned, I think once the game slows down just a little more, he'll start realizing where the help is coming from, and hopefully start dishing on some those drives. Having athletic slashers will help give him outs once he gets in the paint, instead of Dinos and Wilbekin just standing in one spot on the perimeter.

I'm big on Chill.

Last edited:
I think Chill has a big year. The game started to slow down for him by ACC play, and he proved he was ready as a freshman. He's got a nice shot and really good handles. He's definitely my pick for biggest jump out of the sophomores.

This is exactly what I've been thinking as well. Smooth shooter and crafty with the ball

The starting line-up in two years is Crawford, Woods, Brown, Hoard, and one of Sarr/SJM/Moore. If two of our bigs are both better than Woods, Brown, or Hoard, then things have gone really well or really poorly for us.

If Crawford hasn't jumped to the NBA

I think the good thing that Wake has going in Crawford is that no matter what he does it will likely not move him up too much in the eyes of most NBA teams. I think his ceiling from a Draft standpoint is late Round 1 and that's not likely to change, even with a huge year this year.

I think the good thing that Wake has going in Crawford is that no matter what he does it will likely not move him up too much in the eyes of most NBA teams. I think his ceiling from a Draft standpoint is late Round 1 and that's not likely to change, even with a huge year this year.

I don't think that's necessarily a good thing. It means there's nothing he could do to move up after a huge senior year, so why bother staying.

The big issue for Crawford is that plenty of bad teams got their PG in the last draft. I think he'll end up getting drafted to be a backup PG for a good team. No shame in that.

If Bryant knows he's getting picked in the 1st Round, he'll leave and should.

Chill's only real problem was that he constantly got too deep with no exit plan, which resulted in either turnovers or errant shots. As mentioned, I think once the game slows down just a little more, he'll start realizing where the help is coming from, and hopefully start dishing on some those drives. Having athletic slashers will help give him outs once he gets in the paint, instead of Dinos and Wilbekin just standing in one spot on the perimeter.

I'm big on Chill.

Excellent post

I'm big on Chill.

Jump shot aside, this is what Ish's problem was his freshman year.

It'd be great if Crawford followed the Brogdon plan...

If Bryant knows he's getting picked in the 1st Round, he'll leave and should.

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my post. I don't think that he will move into the first round regardless of what he does this year. I think late first round is his ceiling even after four years.

He's a great college player, which is good for us.

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my post. I don't think that he will move into the first round regardless of what he does this year. I think late first round is his ceiling even after four years.

He's a great college player, which is good for us.

Kind of hard to have a higher ceiling than 1st Round. :)

It's likely he'll average about 20 ppg, be either 1st or 2nd in the ACC in assists and Top 5 in steals. That usually gets you drafted in the 1st Round.

If he doesn't get those numbers, we are in real trouble.

Kind of hard to have a higher ceiling than 1st Round. :)

It's likely he'll average about 20 ppg, be either 1st or 2nd in the ACC in assists and Top 5 in steals. That usually gets you drafted in the 1st Round.

If he doesn't get those numbers, we are in real trouble.
Only one ACC player averaged at least 20 PPG last year (Kennard, who barely did it at 20.1). No, all of that stuff isn't "likely".

Back