• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

ETA: This applies for basketball too.

Screen-Shot-2017-01-20-at-9.22.49-AM.png

I wish you'd posted this yesterday.

Whether you believe it or not, there are plenty of recruits who have said the fanbase making them feel wanted was a huge reason why they chose a school. There's not many ways to do that other than use social media. So you can either play the card that can have an impact or just let every other school's fans do it and let them have the advantage. It's the reality of the situation. As long as you stay positive and show support for your school, I see nothing wrong with it.

Whether you believe it or not, there are plenty of recruits who have said the fanbase making them feel wanted was a huge reason why they chose a school. There's not many ways to do that other than use social media. So you can either play the card that can have an impact or just let every other school's fans do it and let them have the advantage. It's the reality of the situation. As long as you stay positive and show support for your school, I see nothing wrong with it.

Or at the FSU game tomorrow, after the Wake-Forest chant the sides of the stadium alternate in an A-Yo chant. Which can quickly be adapted back to A-Hole for any particular FSU player if needed.

ETA - Groves doesn't use the Day-o banana boat sound clip like many other stadiums, right? That could be easily utilized.

Benign supportive tweets are ok

Yeah. You don't even have to tweet at a kid. Just use his hashtag or include his handle. Something like "I'm hyped to see @AyoDos_11 is visiting Wake Forest this weekend."

Personally, I don't see the harm in a "#GoDeacs" tweet responding to something he tweeted about his visit this weekend. But if he commits to Illinois on Monday, feel free to blame me.

I think people are really over estimating the role their single "Pick Wake!" tweet is going to have in this process. Just send it and let it fly. The collective positive energy is way more relevant than any 1 tweet. You'd have to do something weird or creepy to actually get noticed and remembered.

Last edited:
Also, most of these guys search their name in Twitter, and especially a certain hashtag, so even just tweeting it without at'ing him will work.

I think people are really over estimating the role their single "Pick Wake!" tweet is going to have in this process. Just send it and let it fly. The collective positive energy is way more relevant than any 1 tweet. You'd have to do something weird and creepy to actual get noticed and remembered.

I have no illusions that my tweet mattered. I was just spreading good vibes.

"I was going to commit to Wake but I got some very lewd Morse Code from a man claiming to be Biff Tannen and chose Illinois instead."

Back