• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

The Hawks have Tyler Cavanaugh and Miles Plumlee on their current roster. They have room for improvement in the frontcourt. They also need a point guard who speaks English as a first language and doesn't suck.

Latter's probably a bit more important than the former, unless the Hawks need to #MAGA.

Latter's probably a bit more important than the former, unless the Hawks need to #MAGA.

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvQkJBZFh4QkFYcDN3Yy9naXBoeS5naWYlog.gif

My source tellin me its not lookin good for Ayo. Wheres buckets? I need some vibes.

My source tellin me its not lookin good for Ayo. Wheres buckets? I need some vibes.

No ill-will against Ayo if he chooses Illinois, as he has handled this much more straightforward than that SOB Giles, but good Lord what a stupid decision it would be if he chooses them over us.

I need some good vibes, because im not feeling good about Ayo to Wake.
You didnt feel good about AYO yesterday, and now your source doesn't feel good about AYO? C'mon man, whats going on? What do you know that we dont know?

Not only do we not know, but apparently neither does Manning. If it wasn't looking good why did Coach go back out to Chicago last week? Is he & his parents running around saying how amazing the visit was & then behind closed doors telling the staff that Wake is really a long shot unless things go really bad this weekend in Champaigne?

Things aren't going to go bad. I don't see how anything can change, unless Illinois gets some other commitments between now and Ayo's decision. The situation that exists now is likely the exact same as when he makes his decision, and hopefully he doesn't let the "pressure" to stay "home" (3 hours away) cause him to make the wrong decision.

I've also recently heard that it would be a long shot if we land Ayo.

I'm still on the buckets vibes train though...So fuck anything I've heard.

There is clearly a reasonable decision, and there is an emotional decision. If he wants to be career oriented and come to Wake, it's tough to blame him. If he wants to be loyal to his home town, it's also hard to blame him. The fortunate thing about working your way to being a 5 star recruit is that you have set yourself up for a win/win scenario.

Things aren't going to go bad. I don't see how anything can change, unless Illinois gets some other commitments between now and Ayo's decision. The situation that exists now is likely the exact same as when he makes his decision, and hopefully he doesn't let the "pressure" to stay "home" (3 hours away) cause him to make the wrong decision.

Things aren't going to bad because we already have a strong recruiting class.

I was referring to the post about things possibly going bad at his visit this weekend.

Oh I know. I'm just saying that even if the worst happens this weekend, things won't truly get "bad" for us.

The Hawks have Tyler Cavanaugh and Miles Plumlee on their current roster. They have room for improvement in the frontcourt. They also need a point guard who speaks English as a first language and doesn't suck.

lolz the Hawks suck but it has nothing to do with Denny. He and JC are probably the only clear above avg players on the roster. Not everyone can have the likes of Kemba and Marcus Paige holding down the 1.

lolz the Hawks suck but it has nothing to do with Denny. He and JC are probably the only clear above avg players on the roster. Not everyone can have the likes of Kemba and Marcus Paige holding down the 1.

I see you posted at 12:02. Only two and a half more hours until it is 28 to 3, again.

I acknowledged that the front court sucks too. This is definitely a big year for Schroder to prove he's a top starting PG in the NBA because I don't think he's done it yet. Plus he's out acting like a bonehead at 2 AM.

Ayo will do just fine staying home and playing in the Big10. He will get plenty of exposure and playing time if he is good enough for the NBA. As has been pointed, he has positioned himself to have multiple good options to choose from. I prefer that he pick Wake and think it is a better situation for college success. However, his ultimate goal is getting to the league. He can do that from either school. Everything else is secondary. I don't fault him if he wants to play closer to home/friends/family. Makes sense.

Back