• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

the video makes him look like a beast, but that is their goal. to me i see a lot of Moore in him. most of his offensive possessions were dunks...having said that he appears to be long and athletic with a good defensive base to his game.

A few things:

First, he was evaluated favorably alongside some of the best American high school prospects. His numbers are national team numbers, so i think you may have to contextualize them by looking at what comparable prospects posted at the same event. I think you'll find that the numbers aren't really that bad in context. For reference, Moore rarely played in high school.

Based on the eye test, Sarr a much more fluid athlete than Moore and with much better instincts. He's a shot blocker, first and foremost, but seems to have some good defensive fundamentals, has a good frame, and moves very well for a player that size. There are so few players that come into college with this combination. It's pretty clear why he is a 4-star recruit.

Moore didn't even have a great high school mixtape

They each have a fluidity of motion. I realize mix tapes are highlights, but in the case of bigs they show what a player can do. Like Collins, he moves well to the ball on both ends. Sarr may not be as far along offensively as Collins was, but he seems to have the hands, the ability to move.

I'm not saying he's as good as Collins was. He's not as far along as Collins was, but it appears he has many of the attributes Collins has. Whether he learns or progresses isn't assured, but he has the building blocks.

I still think the worst thing that happened to Moore was going to Monteverde. Rather playing his senior year in HS, scoring a ton and gaining confidence, he ended up on the bench. It was more than a wasted year. He also had to regain his confidence. Tha'ts really tough.
Doral never produced at any point in high school. It is what it is.

Doral produced as junior and soph. That's what got him to peak in the 30s on ESPN's rankings.

Under Skip, all who stayed.

Remember, since Skip, our guys will have had three double sessions of summer school in addition to their four years of regular time.

If they have three sessions of summer school over the course of four years, that's still graduating in four years? I don't really know what you're getting at here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say if you walk down the aisle with the class you entered with, it doesn't matter if you went to summer school or not.

how many people have basically full time jobs while attending Wake like revenue athletes do? If they can mitigate taking full loads during the season by taking summer school, it's a good idea.

Doral produced as junior and soph. That's what got him to peak in the 30s on ESPN's rankings.
No, he didn't. He averaged 6 points per game in AAU.

A few things:

First, he was evaluated favorably alongside some of the best American high school prospects. His numbers are national team numbers, so i think you may have to contextualize them by looking at what comparable prospects posted at the same event. I think you'll find that the numbers aren't really that bad in context. For reference, Moore rarely played in high school.

Based on the eye test, Sarr a much more fluid athlete than Moore and with much better instincts. He's a shot blocker, first and foremost, but seems to have some good defensive fundamentals, has a good frame, and moves very well for a player that size. There are so few players that come into college with this combination. It's pretty clear why he is a 4-star recruit.

Moore was also a 4* recruit FWIW. I also think it's a little early to write off Moore.

Also, I don't really understand high school student sections that get really really hyped and dressed up and chest painted

Also, I don't really understand high school student sections that get really really hyped and dressed up and chest painted

It makes a lot more sense than adults who do it in frigid weather. :)

Are you serious?

Yes I am, but I should defer to you all-knowing status.

After all just being 7'1 and walking through HS hallways would get anyone into the Top 35. You wouldn't have to play or show anyone anything by the end of your junior year.

Crawford
Woods
Chaundeac
Hoard
Collins

With Dotson, Moore, Chill, Sarr, Melo, SJM off the bench!

Back