• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Yes I am, but I should defer to you all-knowing status.

After all just being 7'1 and walking through HS hallways would get anyone into the Top 35. You wouldn't have to play or show anyone anything by the end of your junior year.
http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...L-TO-WAKE!/page252?highlight=moore+production

Moore is much more like Ty Walker than Tony Woods (who were polar opposites). It seems like Doral can shoot better than Ty. I'm not sure he's the shot blocker Ty was.

His production is a bit of a concern. Sometimes, HS coaches don't know what to do with bigs. But it is a concern.
:thumbsup:

He was at Monteverde when that was posted. He was a senior. But why bother with facts.

Why do you keep making shit up? He was Class of 2015. September 25, 2014 = prior to beginning of senior season.

My hypo on Moore is that he is a very very young 20 year old. It looks like he doesn't need to shave. Would love to be able to redshirt the kid and get two great years out of him, but I know how this works. That type of thing will all but crush his pro chances unless he turns into an 18/12 producer. Still, he is very very young and I think he has good coordination and decent speed and I could see him being a quality backup big in the NBA or at least overseas as soon as he grows into his body. Not sure how long that will take though. He reminds me of what Loren Woods looked like here at Wake. He was actually decent at Arizona after being forced to sit a year.

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...ivier-sarr-cuts-list-to-4-starts-visits?s=192

"That was an interesting visit," Sarr told Scout. "Berkeley is known by its academic level all around the world . It's a good place to live, people are open and kind. Beautiful campus, and I appreciate to be able to talk with the coaching staff and the team."

"That was my first visit and it was interesting to discover an American college campus," he added. "That was also the first time I had watched a NFL Super Bowl game and that was a really good moment."

Hmmm, Chupe and Sarr to Berkeley (have an interview with them in a couple weeks)? Natty title here we come! Golden Bears rise!

Why do you keep making shit up? He was Class of 2015. September 25, 2014 = prior to beginning of senior season.

Why don't you use context? That was about moving to Montverde to get better coaching.

This doesn't "prove" your point at all as he had "produced" enough to reach that ranking. He had produced enough to get a slot at Montverde. A player with no previous "production" or play would not have been recruited by Montverde.

so your premise that he hadn't "produced" is as ignorant as using that thread to say I was "making shit up".

Your ignorance of how a player gets ranked and gets a position for the #1 HS team in the country is only outdone by your obsession with proving me "wrong".

Why don't you use context? That was about moving to Montverde to get better coaching.

This doesn't "prove" your point at all as he had "produced" enough to reach that ranking. He had produced enough to get a slot at Montverde. A player with no previous "production" or play would not have been recruited by Montverde.

so your premise that he hadn't "produced" is as ignorant as using that thread to say I was "making shit up".

Your ignorance of how a player gets ranked and gets a position for the #1 HS team in the country is only outdone by your obsession with proving me "wrong".

E
OK, what about TY then? I'm with Strickland. Moore's lack of production at the high school level scares me a bit. 6.3 points per game when you're 7 feet tall? Like, how?

That's what you were responding to. It was in reference to Moore's production on his AAU team, not his move to Monteverde

You were specifically worried about his production at the AAU level and compared him to Ty Walker.

didn't we lightly recruit a euro big at the end of last recruiting season? curious how that guy turned out

didn't we lightly recruit a euro big at the end of last recruiting season? curious how that guy turned out
Bruno Fernando? Reclassified to Class of 2017. Committed to Maryland in October.

Last edited:
also maybe Aussie Harry Froling? who played 10 games for SMU averaging 15mpg/4ppg/3rpg before transferring to Marquette after 1 semester.

Back