• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

If you don't think Ayo would be a monumental loss, I'm curious who you would consider a monumental loss? Without Ayo, this class will be an absolute disaster.

See Biff, Ayo would be a monumental loss FOR ILLINOIS!! Not so sure you can say that about LOWF. After all, to quote another Illini fan...

I'd love to have Ayo and really like him, but we don't need a meltdown thread for him. We're talking about Wake Forest here. Wake Forest. My God.

I for one, love the position we're in. Time for Mit to break out the jet for one last junket up to Chitown greater metro and give Ayo the "close the deal" inspirational speech.

Right. Unless there’s some inside knowledge, Ayo’s retweet would speak good things for Wake.

Think we need to piss off whoever has the knowledge so we can get the “by the way” truth bomb.

I mean it's impossible to get into the mind of a top recruit, it also depends on what underlying personality he has. Illinois offers the safe bet, "hometown" relatively speaking and being the top dog, because they have nobody else, as in their recruiting class has nobody else, some people like that. Others like a loaded team, a chance for a deep tournament run, being surrounded by talent. In the end he is a one and done and neither really matters in the long run.

Illinois fans really think that their logo or bumper sticker represent some sort of national brand? LOL I guess I've seen one in North Carolina but it can't be more than once or twice and none that I remember

How anyone can think just having a larger fan base makes them a better choice is completely disregarding that the ACC is, and can be argued HAS BEEN FOR DECADES, the greatest basketball conference in the country. You know if you are as good as you say you are then you will be on national television showcasing your skills just about every game you play.

All things being equal, I'd take Wake in the ACC vs Illinois with the big alumni base.

Last edited:
See Biff, Ayo would be a monumental loss FOR ILLINOIS!! Not so sure you can say that about LOWF. After all, to quote another Illini fan...

I for one, love the position we're in. Time for Mit to break out the jet for one last junket up to Chitown greater metro and give Ayo the "close the deal" inspirational speech.

Mit can throw in a draft guarantee too.

I am 100% on board with the theory that Ayo is trying to make it look like he's going to Wake in order to create more anticipation about his announcement, where he'll choose Illinois.

I have no doubt that he's been tempted by all that Wake Forest has to offer, but it just seems like Illinois has been a done deal for a while.

Hope I am wrong... Not trying to kill vibes. I'm still keeping tabs on the twitter updates so I can see the announcement when it happens.

The thing that puzzles me the most is that, if this was such a "done deal" to Ill, then why drag this on past the weekend? Hell, why did you even bother with an OV to a campus you've surely been on several times?? Why jerk Danny and Dolph around? And beyond everything else, why not commit sooner than later to help reel in a couple of recruits by "clearing the runway" so to speak for THT, supposedly Nolley, and whoever else (the Grim Threeper 2.0?) to bring the plane down on Illinois soil??

Seems like he's only hurting himself unless he really thinks he's a one and done, and playing along Mark Smith will absolutely seal that truth in stone!

yeah but that might not help since the Hawks will be outta the lottery thanks to ROY Collins having an excellent sophomore season

Clearly Ayo is going to go lottery. This is just a gesture.

The thing that puzzles me the most is that, if this was such a "done deal" to Ill, then why drag this on past the weekend? Hell, why did you even bother with an OV to a campus you've surely been on several times?? Why jerk Danny and Dolph around? And beyond everything else, why not commit sooner than later to help reel in a couple of recruits by "clearing the runway" so to speak for THT, supposedly Nolley, and whoever else (the Grim Threeper 2.0?) to bring the plane down on Illinois soil??

Seems like he's only hurting himself unless he really thinks he's a one and done, and playing along Mark Smith will absolutely seal that truth in stone!

Because he is enjoying his time in the spotlight. Who wouldn't?

FWIW, I think Mark Smith will be a very good player for Illinois. I understand all of the mocking, but he seems pretty legit.

if you had told me a year or two ago that the university of illinois would be the only thing standing between us and a #1 class ranking (however temporary), and that illinois at this point would be coming off of literally a dozen straight lost recruiting battles, without a single committed recruit in the class, i would have laughed you out of the room

so, you know, I'm just excited for all of this to be over so that Illinois can go back to being totally and completely irrelevant

what a total waste of mental space that entire fucking athletic department is. it's like somebody watched Kansas football and thought "hey, how can we make all of our sports like this"

Remember this Illinois recruit that chose to "stay home?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qCYErpJTF8

WOWWWW!! What a totally unhinged moment captured for the annals. Let that be a lesson to any over-confident, delusional fan base. Anything can happen.

This must be the "Cliffmas" meltdown debacle they are arguing about over on the Scout board.

Cliff Alexander sucked almost as much as Giles.

Back