• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Randolph letting us down gently. Sad.

This isn't too far off. Obviously it isn't Randolph but it could easily be someone close to the team who already knows and wants to break it gently to us.

If this is the case, speak up and give us more info.

Yeah. If he ends up going to Illinois, I do think his latest Twitter activity since his IL visit would be constituted as an epic troll job.

not necessarily a troll job (meaning to get a rise out of Wake fans), but a purposeful misdirection to build the reaction of a UofI commit.

Rationally, I think Wake is the better choice for him, but can't fault him for staying closer to home. Would absolutely love to be wrong.

I don't see why a high school senior, top-20 recruit would be trolling anyone. I mean I don't have a scoopla or anything but what a waste of time for a blue chipper who has to have many more awesome things to be doing right now.

If you guys want to avoid the anxiety of not knowing, just insult doofus’ journalistic credibility. He’ll drop that #OhByTheWay in a hot minute.

BSD loses Ayo, Numbers loses Haas, Doofus loses Giles.

#BSDOUT

i am fine with bearing the cross of causing Wake to lose Giles. Worked out well enough.

#realtalk I truly believe that had Giles committed to Wake, we would already have our PG for this class. The value of getting top recruits to other top recruits is not insignificant, even without results. That’s why Giles was so much more important to Manning than K. Which is why fuck Giles.

not necessarily a troll job (meaning to get a rise out of Wake fans), but a purposeful misdirection to build the reaction of a UofI commit.

Rationally, I think Wake is the better choice for him, but can't fault him for staying closer to home. Would absolutely love to be wrong.

Yeah. Probably the better take...that said, he has to know that what he is doing would be constituted as a troll job, intentional or not...particularly to the Wake coaches that have put a lot of effort into this one.

I just hope today is a chill twitter/boards day. Can't have the lack of work production that happened yesterday. I'm going to check every 1/2 hour on the hour.

Go Deacs.

I assume the BSD guys know something whether they want to say it here or not. Otherwise to call a player that we’re in the home stretch of recruiting a troll on twitter from a Wake blog account is a pretty stupid thing to do.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- Mucius to Wake! Ayo decision incoming! VIBES

So this is the social media version of the fake hat grab.

I agree that BSD must know something legit. It would be ridiculous to risk pissing off a prospect.

I assume the BSD guys know something whether they want to say it here or not. Otherwise to call a player that we’re in the home stretch of recruiting a troll on twitter from a Wake blog account is a pretty stupid thing to do.

I enjoy their writing but I'm going to assume they do not, and that it was pretty stupid. The counter take could be that Ayo is feeding the news slowly to UI fans so that it's not such a shock when he commits to Wake. I still am trying not to get my hopes up, but it just makes too much sense for him to come to Wake.

Yeah you can't just throw the "troll" description out there with providing some #scoop. Social media journalism 101. :rulz:

Back