• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Closer to #50 or #100 ?

My opinion is pretty arbitrary, but similar players to him usually land around #75. He played great competition in Europe. But without seeing him match up against the other players in his class in AAU ball, it's hard to say exactly how the jockeying between them would have affected his ranking.

Nah

A 2018 class starting with Hoard and Dotson would be tight

Didn't Sim do an unofficial to Wake last year? Why haven't we offered?

I don't know. Maybe you should get in contact with his parents.

Didn't Sim do an unofficial to Wake last year? Why haven't we offered?

XgYbw.gif

Not if there is already an agreement that he will get a scholarship after he redshirts.

Wrangor, have you seen any recent tape on Okeke? The most recent I've seen is a short clip from July. Whether he redshirts or not, we know not to expect much until at least his second year in the program. He has the raw potential to be an ACC contributor.

Nothing recent. What I saw he looks raw and stiff but strong. Definitely a project, which explains why he is coming to Manning. If Manning is truly a big man whisperer, and you have the means to make it happen, why not send your son to a coach at a great academic institution and see if he can turn him into a Wiffey, Aldrich, Darnell Jackson, Sausha Kaun, or Wayne Simien. Clearly they can afford it.

I doubt that the young man has been guaranteed a scholly (he doesn't look like that kind of talent), but it wouldn't shock me if at some point he earned one. Manning may also have stated that if WFU ever has an empty scholly then he will get it for that year (but won't be guaranteed to keep it if Wake needs it the following year). Okeke's presence is going to be very impactful during practice. It isn't often you have someone with that size and mobility that is able to prepare the starters for the upcoming game.

On a side note..regarding Manning as a coach. I think he still has a lot of flaws (clearly in his late game execution), however one of the very appealing parts of Manning as a coach is that he is able to appeal to a wide variety of players. He isnt guard or big man centric in his offense. If you are a shooter, there is a place for you. If you are a penetrator, he has a place for you. If you are a traditional post, he has a place for you. Last year we targeted two massive targets that ended up going to our rivals (Dennis Smith to NC State and Harry Giles to Duke). Looking back I think you can make a very easy case that if both had committed to Wake Forest they would be in a much better position when you combine short term success of the team and long term career viability. Dennis Smith and Giles would be joined by Crawford, Woods, and Collins to form one of the most athletic best shooting starting lineups in the country. We would be at least 3-4 wins better than we are now (if not more). I like our ability to use those examples in the future about how we are truly the better option when in recruiting battles against our ACC rivals. Our team would be better, and both Smith and Giles would individually be in better places. Smith wouldn't be asking out of basketball games, Giles would actually be getting in basketball games, and instead of 6-7, we would be 9-4 or 10-3 in conference with a top 20 ranking.

This should help in the future when we make our pitch.

Last edited:
I can't stress enough the unique importance of this fact: White House Clown Stephen Miller, whom Joe Scarborough spent 15 minutes this morning reaming, is a Duke grad.

This has to help with recruiting amiright? Duke's assclowns are way bigger assclowns than Wake's assclowns.

Some one should send me out to talk to these kids and their mothers as I think I have my finger on the pulse here.

Bannon is a Hokie. Fuck him, too

Rivals article on 4 stars that could be pushing for 5 stars. Our guy Chaudeac is featured: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...our-star-is-pushing-hardest-for-a-fifth-star-

Sporting a college-ready body, a scoring prowess that can be used day one against a half-court defense and a set of intangibles that are off the charts good, fun times lay ahead for Wake Forest. The presence of the Sunshine State native will be felt day one in Winston-Salem and furthermore, has a sturdy argument as a five-star label tacked on next to his name.

leggo

Back