• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Exactly. The way Mucius announced via Twitter or online was the way to go. The instant I saw Ayo was doing his live in Chicago that was a dead giveaway. Just announce it online and get on with life. Don't string people along.

Mucius, Hoard, Sarr, Chaundee, Wright, Melo are confident and grown ass men.

Ayo, while it would have been nice to have him in the black and gold, is one who craves attention. Therefore, I predict at least 2 players from our 2017 and 2018 classes have better college and NBA careers than Ayo.

im sure he f'd with us. not mean spirited. just creating some excitement and ego boost for himself. he's a kid and i am not thinned skinned enough to be upset about it. as other have said it's not that big a deal.

best of luck to him. the pressure is mounting to really deliver now. it will be interesting to see what happens.

He hasn't signed his LOI yet. This is just the beginning of the second stage of the recruitment.

5* PG Jahvon Quinerly decommitted from Arizona. https://247sports.com/Player/Jahvon-Quinerly-85007

WF had some interest in him but so did like 50% of the high majors. Add it to the list of guys who de-committed recently that WF either reached out to in the past or have reach out to since their de-commitment along with Ramey and Herro. The odds would seem to be against anything coming out of WF's interest in any of them but who knows, most didn't expect much when WF offered Ayo late in the Spring AAU period.

Last edited:
im sure he f'd with us. not mean spirited. just creating some excitement and ego boost for himself. he's a kid and i am not thinned skinned enough to be upset about it. as other have said it's not that big a deal.

Seems to me that the only people being strung along are us dinguses here on the rjkarl message boards. I suspect Manning and Co. knew what was happening and were proceeding accordingly with contingencies. As long as they weren't caught by surprise (and given that our resident insider SPORTSNUT has been saying this all along), then seems to me it doesn't matter at all how Ayo handled it.

I'm gonna assume that a dude who is central to this whole FBI investigation and allegedly accepted a bribe is NOT going to wind up at Wake Forest.

Yeah, totally glanced over it. A national recruiting guy mentioned WF among possible schools looking for a PG and I didn't really put 2 & 2 together with the name.

Some harsh sentiments concerning a recruit everyone had as the final piece to a Final Four caliber team... what happens if Underwood gets caught up in the coaching scandal and Ayo reopens his recruitment? Are arms open for him to become a Deac? Or, as with many dating relationships, as much as you know you should be together, the pain inflicted is just to much to put behind you and forget about?

I'm on record here saying we still get ayo. I'll be expecting that green user name when that happens. Thanks biff for amplifying my scoops.

I am pretty pumped up about Wright. I think he will be a stud when all is said and done. Hoard, Sarr, Mucius get more pub and that is deserved to be sure. But Wright will be a good one.

I'm on record here saying we still get ayo. I'll be expecting that green user name when that happens. Thanks biff for amplifying my scoops.
This guy gets it! It's not over until Ayo has no NCAA eligibility!

Jesus, let up on the kid. You guys are making us look like whining losers.

I'm pretty sick of this kid string us along by announcing he's going to Illinois. It's time to get serious here.

Back