• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

There's no question he messed with us on Twitter to get some hype around his announcement. I'm assuming Coach Manning knew the situation well ahead of time. The kid chose hometown accolades and guaranteed starting position over the challenge of ACC ball. Many different ways to get to his goal of the NBA. Hope we beat ILL by 40 this year and get to play them next year as well.

I'm pretty sick of this kid string us along by announcing he's going to Illinois. It's time to get serious here.

I don't blame him, really. He doesn't know for sure when the Underwood indictments will roll out. Could be after he goes pro; could be tomorrow. I expect we'll see him in the old gold and black sooner rather than later. If we don't offer a 2018 point guard soon, I think Manning knows something.

RJ must have a selection of 2-3 YouTube links ready to paste, as it’s the same ones over and over.

I predict DM will bring in someone that will make us forget all about missing on Ayo. Trust DM-- he knew and is prepared

Seems to me that the only people being strung along are us dinguses here on the rjkarl message boards. I suspect Manning and Co. knew what was happening and were proceeding accordingly with contingencies. As long as they weren't caught by surprise (and given that our resident insider SPORTSNUT has been saying this all along), then seems to me it doesn't matter at all how Ayo handled it.

not going to disagree. think we are probably thinking similarly about the situation.

Removing the sticky on this one, so just lemme know when you roll out the '19 thread and I'll make sure it is stickied. @strickland33

cookout, it's very likely we are still after someone for this year. There are multiple Top 50 PGs who have mentioned Wake and either not committed or decommitted. This thread shouldn't fall very far. It doesn't hurt to be sticky.

cookout, it's very likely we are still after someone for this year. There are multiple Top 50 PGs who have mentioned Wake and either not committed or decommitted. This thread shouldn't fall very far. It doesn't hurt to be sticky.

.. and we can talk about it in the '19 thread at that point if that happens, like we did in this thread for Sunday and Thompson. It's not like these threads are super strict about what can and can't be discussed, or else at least half your posts on them would be removed.

you missed the point...it's being sticky...that makes it easier to find.

Back