• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Time to fire the Twitter machine back up and start posting those pictures of him in Wake gear.

LOL. You don't commit to a program desperate for bodies if they're recruiting a body you don't want to play with.

Seems like we should wait to start a new thread until the fall signing period is here. But it’s really unimportant.

Or at least until the 2017 class has actually played in a game that matters (close to the same date, I think).

His parents are unhappy because Illinois is still recruiting TNT and they don't like his parents. Obviously Coach Stephen F. Austin cannot be trusted.

I'm reporting this as fact, but it's just a rumor currently.

But it's one of those rumors that might turn out to be true.

Maybe he's mad they lost to Indiana State or whatever schmo team they played in their scrimmage. I can't blame the kid to bail on Illinoise.

LOL. You don't commit to a program desperate for bodies if they're recruiting a body you don't want to play with.

we dodged a bullet with ayo and his family. way too much maintenance and drama for a fringe all-american. do not even want anymore.

damn, that sucks biff. there is gonna be a teague-ish level feud with ayo that will fuel our latest and greatest postseason underachievement.

we dodged a bullet with ayo and his family. way too much maintenance and drama for a fringe all-american. do not even want anymore.

What am I missing? Where is the maintenance and drama? A kid and his parents made a choice.

The problem is that Coach Austin and Charlie Chin are deceitful and double dealers and are backdooring Ayo and family by bringing in TNT when they told them that they didn't want to play with him because he's a ballhogging asshole.

What am I missing? Where is the maintenance and drama? A kid and his parents made a choice.

based on that radio hit, it sounds like they (to be fair it sounds to be mainly the parents) are threatening to decommit from illinois less than a week after committing if illinois takes a commitment from another good local player because of personal differences. imagine the playing time drama on a deep wake team at guard.

Its not difficult to understand. The maintenance comment would be about the kid or parents (or both) changing their minds because their chosen school is going after a kid whose family they don't like.

But this is all bullshit.

Who knows with this kid, but I'm not going to waste time thinking about it.

I would love to have Ayo, but it isn't worth worrying about unless he de-commits. Hope he does. If he doesn't the train keeps moving.

based on that radio hit, it sounds like they (to be fair it sounds to be mainly the parents) are threatening to decommit from illinois less than a week after committing if illinois takes a commitment from another good local player because of personal differences. imagine the playing time drama on a deep wake team at guard.

Haven't listened to the radio bit. Seems more like personal than playing time issues.

Back