• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Sooner or later, Ayo is going to have to start making his own decisions if he wants to reach his maximum potential.

Sooner or later, Ayo is going to have to start making his own decisions if he wants to reach his maximum potential.

TITCR.

It was so obvious to all of us that Ayo didn't make the Illinois decision for himself. I feel bad for the kid and wish him the best. Hopefully he can commit one direction and stay on that path.

When a kid is creating headaches for a coaching staff before setting foot on campus, he is probably more trouble than he is worth.

Nobody here has any proof that Ayo or his family are causing problems at UofI. We missed on him. It’s time to move on.

It’s a bad look for those trying to stir up trouble by talking shit under the guise of humor.

I’m looking at you, Biff. It’s a tired shtick.

Having said that, if the Underwood stuff blows up, I’d take Ayo in a heartbeat.

But that’s pure speculation, as well.

Nobody here has any proof that Ayo or his family are causing problems at UofI. We missed on him. It’s time to move on.

It’s a bad look for those trying to stir up trouble by talking shit under the guise of humor.

I’m looking at you, Biff. It’s a tired shtick.

You know nothing about recruiting. I doubt you know 2% of what RJ knows about basketball.

This thread is becoming difficult to read with the ad hominem attacks and the ignorance of some posters. People need to understand the importance of VIBES !

TITCR.

It was so obvious to all of us that Ayo didn't make the Illinois decision for himself. I feel bad for the kid and wish him the best. Hopefully he can commit one direction and stay on that path.

Give me a break man! What about the Ayo situation sends that vibe? You act like he had no draws to Illinois at all. It wasn't all pressure from others. Ayo said himself he wants to get Illinois back to being a premier team in the B1G, and the country.

Last edited:
Give me a break man! What about the Ayo situation sends that vibe? You act like he had no draws to Illinois at all. It was all pressure from others. Ayo said himself he wants to get Illinois back to being a premier team in the B1G, and the country.

Let it go

Who cares, Illinois is about to sign the only two four/five star recruits that can't dunk

On the bright side, Illinois is not (for now) worse than Elon.

Illinois 104 in KP and Elon 106. Marquee matchup to watch throughout the year.

Give me a break man! What about the Ayo situation sends that vibe? You act like he had no draws to Illinois at all. It wasn't all pressure from others. Ayo said himself he wants to get Illinois back to being a premier team in the B1G, and the country.

I'm just telling you what the smart Wake fans observed. We observed a kid with his hands tied because his AAU coach and parents wouldn't let him make a decision for himself. Which looks to be a giant mistake and it could hurt his immediate situation as well as future earnings.

I'm just telling you what the smart Wake fans observed. We observed a kid with his hands tied because his AAU coach and parents wouldn't let him make a decision for himself. Which looks to be a giant mistake and it could hurt his immediate situation as well as future earnings.
Why do you say this?

Did his parents and AAU program probably try to influence him to stay in-state? Sure, they definitely were pro-Illini. But he definitely seemed like he made a choice that made him happy, not a reluctant decision.

Back