• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

The bigger problem for a 2017 PG is passing Childress and Wilbekin in the guard rotation. Manning is probably telling Dotson that Crawford is leaving after his junior year.

So Ayo thinks Blake (who was ranked below Bryant) would come to Wake KNOWING he has NO CHANCE to start. That's typical and monumental stupidity on your part. It shows you have NO CLUE how recruits think.

Bryant has been 5th then 2nd in the ACC in assists, has played 31.7 and 31.4 mpg in his two years. He will be the unquestioned leader of the team coming back next year. There is no reason to think Bryant will play less minutes than this year.

Only a fucking, arrogant moron would think a Top 100 recruit would go to Wake to sit behind such a player.

Ayo, you should really stop posting about basketball. You know nothing about the sport. You know nothing about recruits or recruiting. All you are is an arrogant asshole who digs a hole deeper every time he posts.

there's a lot going on here, but the comma in this sentence is great

1) Didn't think my random thought would derail the thread, so apologies
2) We need to be able to recruit T-100 players in spots where we already have good players. Most aren't ready to be reliable starters in Year 1. We aren't going to be consistently good until the staff can recruit this way.

3) Article in W-SJ today confirms Dinos is coming back to finish his degree if there was still any question about that

1) Didn't think my random thought would derail the thread, so apologies
2) We need to be able to recruit T-100 players in spots where we already have good players. Most aren't ready to be reliable starters in Year 1. We aren't going to be consistently good until the staff can recruit this way.

3) Article in W-SJ today confirms Dinos is coming back to finish his degree if there was still any question about that

Good to have that confirmed moving into next season. Dinos/Doral/SJM and hopefully Sarr, should provide average inside play. Shooting and guard play should be our strength next year, so as long as we can get average play out of our front court, we'll be alright.

Although I agree with your premise that a top recruit will not go to a program where he will not start for two years, I believe that the opportunity is there for him to play alongside of Crawford. Manning has run plenty of sets with Crawford playing off the ball, and since we don't have a dominant two guard, it is reasonable that they can both start with Brown at the three

We have a SG returning who played 30+MPG and is shooting over 46% on threes for two consecutive college seasons. We also have a Top 30ish recruit whose natural position is SG. Bryant will be our starting PG until he leaves.

If Harris was a Top 50 player, you might have a point. He tops out at #99 on ESPN. On Scout, he's 3*. On Rivals, he's #142. On 247, he's #125 and #29 as a PG. There's a real possibility he''d be fighting Brandon for minutes more than Keyshawn, Chaundee and Bryant.

We're also allegedly in really good shape with Dotson for the following year. There's really not much logic in going after him.

I will be severely disappointed if we do not get a top 100 point guard in the next two years.

I guess that makes me an arrogant idiot.

First of all, he isn't a consensus Top 100. His top rating in major places is #99, the others have him at #125 and above.

Would you rather have this guy or Sarr?

So Ayo thinks Blake (who was ranked below Bryant) would come to Wake KNOWING he has NO CHANCE to start. That's typical and monumental stupidity on your part. It shows you have NO CLUE how recruits think.

Bryant has been 5th then 2nd in the ACC in assists, has played 31.7 and 31.4 mpg in his two years. He will be the unquestioned leader of the team coming back next year. There is no reason to think Bryant will play less minutes than this year.

Only a fucking, arrogant moron would think a Top 100 recruit would go to Wake to sit behind such a player.

Ayo, you should really stop posting about basketball. You know nothing about the sport. You know nothing about recruits or recruiting. All you are is an arrogant asshole who digs a hole deeper every time he posts.
There are plenty of top 100 recruits (guards, I will add) around the ACC who aren't starting as freshmen - Kyle Guy, Ty Jerome, Trent Forrest, Markell Johnson - just off the top of my head. So, no, it's not "monumental stupidity" to think a top 100 recruit may find a local ACC school appealing even if he knows he won't start as a freshman. You and your exaggerations. You really can't get enough of them. And why are you only thinking about next year? Wilbekin will be a senior. Crawford and Woods will be juniors.

And the Porter family is from Missouri. The only reason they moved to Washington and that situation happened is because Romar and the father have known each other since the 90s. Why in the hell would the father of a one-and-done #1 overall recruit want to move his family again across the country to Winston-Salem? I don't even think you really think before you post some of this stuff.

Last edited:
See, if you started like this rather calling me names, we could have a discussion.

Let's get Porter out of the way. It was a throw away line as in the past fifty years, I can't think of a single instance of anything like that happening at Wake. Hell, to the best of my knowledge, we've never even done anything close to what UNC did for Joseph Forte's mom.

If you read what I posted rather than that I posted it, you'd that it starts out from the point of reference of the player. Why would he want to sit? Add to that, he knows how hard we are going after Dotson and knows Dotson is better than he is.

As to past next year, unless Bryant goes pro next year, Harris will have to sit two years not one. If we get Dotson, who knows if he ever starts? Plus, if he were to be free at this point, there will be several options where he could start immediately or have a better situation.

Add to this, unless another scholarship opens up, it becomes between him and a player (Sarr), whom many think is a stud.

Of course, 100% of this is conjecture as Romar hasn't been fired and it's very unlikely he would be give that he has ESPN's #3 class coming in.

Bird in the hand theory applies to Harris versus the 2018 point guards. There is no guarantee that we get Dotson or the others.

Bird in the hand theory applies to Harris versus the 2018 point guards. There is no guarantee that we get Dotson or the others.

We're not in that position any more. Harris vs. Sarr?

Also Harris isn't a consensus Top 100 player. He may not be that good. I'll take my chances.

Collins is almost certainly going pro. We could take both.

I'm not advocating taking Harris. I prefer a 2018 point guard because I think we'll get a better player and for scholarship spacing issues.

Is there any chance that Crawford declares after this season?

His size and athleticism would be attractive to pro scouts.

Doesn't seem to be in his interest, but that isn't always the determinative factor.

I think it would be pretty surprising if Crawford is not back next season. I'm not ruling out that he might go through the process to check out his draft stock.

Is there any chance that Crawford declares after this season?

His size and athleticism would be attractive to pro scouts.

Doesn't seem to be in his interest, but that isn't always the determinative factor.

I think it depends entirely on whether he eventually lands one of those highlight reel dunks he misses every other game.

In all seriousness he probably will and absolutely should go through the process. I think he'll probably be told to come back.

Back