• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Cal added another 2017 PF last night, Aussie Grant Anticevich. That's their 5th recruit for 2017.

:woot: Lets hope that is good news. My guess is that with regards to Wake, that he doesn't want to sit behind Collins all year. I think the better Collins plays (and therefore improves his draft stock) the more likely we get Sarr.

Wish we had recruits visiting last night. Looked like the best atmosphere in a long time.

Wish we had recruits visiting last night. Looked like the best atmosphere in a long time.

Agree. Credit to the staff. They are establishing the first building blocks to bringing back high level basketball and a fun atmosphere to LJVM. I attended Wake inbetween the two golden years (98-02) but it was still a great atmosphere and a great student turnout for most home games. We had to camp out for good tickets, and in general those memories are some of my fondest from Wake. I hope that Manning and Co can bring that experience back to the students. In all honesty I might have chosen a different school if I had to apply to colleges during the [Redacted] era. When I was applying I was watching Tim Duncan and Randolph Childress win championships. That made a difference.

:woot: Lets hope that is good news. My guess is that with regards to Wake, that he doesn't want to sit behind Collins all year. I think the better Collins plays (and therefore improves his draft stock) the more likely we get Sarr.

Vanderbilt offers immediate PT next season. Luke Kornet is a senior, and current 6'10 freshman Djery Baptiste is a work in progress.

I think Wake's chances improve the longer this goes on. It would mean Sarr is waiting to see what Collins does. Neither Sam nor Doral are locks for 30 min per game next year. Collins is a lock for as much time as he can stand, should he return.

For next year, (assuming Colins leaves) the 80 minutes at 4 and 5 next year look like Dinos:30; Sam: 10; Doral: 10; ?????:30. At the moment, that looks likely to be made up by the various wing guys in small ball lineups with Dinos at the 5.

Sarr could look and see that he could fill Collins role and get a bunch of minutes playing at Wake, once Collins is gone to the NBA. Danny's development of Collins can't hurt his thinking either.

Sam will get more than 10 minutes next year if Collins leaves and likely if he stays. If Collins stays he'll improve his 4 game and play with another big to improve his draft stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, i am starting to get vibes on Sarr now that Cal brought in another big man. I am not sure about Vandy, they have 3 or 4 big men and a C already committed.

Sam sure as hell should play more than 10 minutes next year. Offensively he's not nearly as good as freshman Collins was, but defensively he looks better.

sam needs to get his endurance up, but could add some good depth next season

Vanderbilt offers immediate PT next season. Luke Kornet is a senior, and current 6'10 freshman Djery Baptiste is a work in progress.

FWIW, here is an interesting tweet from Tuesday:

Back