• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

A 2018 class with Dotson, Hoard and a good big would be awesome

If Sarr goes elsewhere, surely Danny will be able to land a post-grad big after what Collins is doing. Probably too early for many guys to be on the radar at this point.

Neither Sam nor Doral are locks for 30 min per game next year.

Even if Collins leaves, I would be surprised if they combined for 30 mpg next year. I would bet that Dinos will generally slide into the 5-spot and we'll play small.

Doral still looks exhausted when he gets 10 mins a game. No way he makes the jump to 30. Not to mention the fouls...oh the fouls.

Doral looks like he gets tired lifting his head. Kinda worried about him.

Even if Collins leaves, I would be surprised if they combined for 30 mpg next year. I would bet that Dinos will generally slide into the 5-spot and we'll play small.

When JC leaves and Chaundee arrives, our team will likely change a bit. Don't be shocked to see Danny use Sam/Doral to play the middle as stoppers on D and our wings to take away threes more. I would be shocked to us use 7-10 fouls every game in the middle on D and actually run more off of our D.

We didn't have the personnel to do that this year, nor could we take the chance of getting JC into foul trouble.

Wesleyan seems like a random place to go if you're not interested in Wake

Cal also has a former 5 star Kentucky transfer big man named Marcus Lee who will be eligible next season.

I'm starting to think he will stay. He looks like he is having a blast with his teammates, students, all of it. We will be a top 15 team in the polls if he stays, maybe top 10

I'm starting to think he will stay. He looks like he is having a blast with his teammates, students, all of it. We will be a top 15 team in the polls if he stays, maybe top 10

He said he was debating whether he leaves for the money, or if he wants to be up in the rafters with the other greats. Which begs the question, if he gets 1st team AA (this and/or next year) and then leaves, DO WE HANG IT?!?!?

If he stays, he definitely has a chance to be in the rafters

Would definitely be preseason AA and favorite for ACC Poy

Seeing TJ Leaf get injured last night and Harry and Sumner, I doubt he takes the chance. Plus. he's very likely not going to rise more 4-7 slots. Hell, if he plays well in the ACCT and we make The Dance, he could make Top 10-12.

If he stays, he definitely has a chance to be in the rafters

Would definitely be preseason AA and favorite for ACC Poy

If he plays next season at Wake and has anything like the numbers he has put up in the second half of the season, he will be in the conversation for both ACC POY and National Player of the year, particularly if he gets Wake into the top 25 where they get a lot more national publicity (more frequent showing in ESPN "crawls" for instance, and more newspaper mentions under "top 25 roundup" articles.

He said he was debating whether he leaves for the money, or if he wants to be up in the rafters with the other greats. Which begs the question, if he gets 1st team AA (this and/or next year) and then leaves, DO WE HANG IT?!?!?

Next year sure, this year probably not. Fewest wins by a player in the rafters is 48 (CP3 and Charlie Davis), JC is currently at 28. Chris is the only guy up there that played less than 3 seasons. He was ACC rookie of the year and then First Team all America his sophomore year and he made a sweet 16.

He also ended up being one of the 20 or so best players to ever play the game, which I think had at least a little to do with his number being retired.

If he comes back next year though I definitely see his name getting put up there

Last edited:
Back