• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

5* SF from Alabama. #12 on 247.

I watched Mountain Brook in the State Finals last year (Wife's cousin was a PG on the team). I thought he looked like a pro prospect, but was too lazy to look him up. Ball hoggin' like crazy but was easily the best player on the court.

It's going to be VERY tough for us to get a kid from Avery Johnson and Bruce Pearl's back yard. They have been crushing recruiting; the W's just haven't caught up yet.

It's going to be VERY tough for us to get a kid from Avery Johnson and Bruce Pearl's back yard. They have been crushing recruiting; the W's just haven't caught up yet.

He is Christian Watford's little brother so IU will definitely be in the mix. His family was always at Assembly Hall during his brother's 4 years.

I watched Mountain Brook in the State Finals last year (Wife's cousin was a PG on the team). I thought he looked like a pro prospect, but was too lazy to look him up. Ball hoggin' like crazy but was easily the best player on the court.

Easy there, I believe the politically correct terms are "high usage" and "volume scorer".

Here is a pretty good article about Tyson. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article112945398.html
Hate to say it but he looks like a typical Duke player.

Let's see now, in that article;

Great student with 4.6GPA- check
More athletic than you think-check
Father was a player- check
Grown a bunch lately- check
Getting strongewr and tougher- check
Best shooter coach has ever seen- check
Supreme Gym Rat- check
Caucasian with shooting/size combo- check

Oh yeah, this guy is going to Duke (if they offer)

Supreme Gym Rat- check

I am probably going to hate that kid in three years. Looks like a douche already, that is of course if he doesn't commit to Wake.

Supreme Gym Rat- check

I read this before clicking the link....

Was going to add "Looks like a douche / has a punchable face"

That gets a check

Supreme Gym Rat- check

You left out hair.

Kennard and his finger-combs will be very jealous...

Apparently, John Newman impressed scouts at the loaded Josh Level Classic. Sounds like he is legit.

Apparently, John Newman impressed scouts at the loaded Josh Level Classic. Sounds like he is legit.

Did he play well enough to get a bunch of new P5 offers then? That would tell how impressed they were with how he played

Back