• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Just looked: Wright, Hoard, Newman, and Mucius would come in at a rating of 61.26 on 247. That would've been good for 15th in 2017. Probably the 3 targets were in the best position with right now too

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- '18 PG Sharone Wright, Jr. commits to Wake!

Ha ha! Doesn't "poor mans" mean worse than, anyway? Oh well... i hope we'll miss this Lewis about as much as the last Lewis that signed with NCSU out of HS.

A poor man's Brogdon would still be a solid ACC player.

Not sure if you guys care or not but after some digging it sounds like Lewis didn't have a commitable offer to Wake or Baylor. Most teams backed off a bit after he was slowed by injuries in the spring. He's going to take a tumble in the rankings he's a 4* in I'd think. Hope he plays well this summer AAU session but not a huge get or anything for NCSU by the sound of it

Not sure if you guys care or not but after some digging it sounds like Lewis didn't have a commitable offer to Wake or Baylor. Most teams backed off a bit after he was slowed by injuries in the spring. He's going to take a tumble in the rankings he's a 4* in I'd think. Hope he plays well this summer AAU session but not a huge get or anything for NCSU by the sound of it

Interesting. Thanks for the #scoop, especially since he seemingly came out of nowhere (for Wake).

When I was choosing colleges, my final four with Harvard, Yale, Oxford, and Wake Forest.

Ended up committing to Wake Forest.

Just so everyone knows.

Interesting. Thanks for the #scoop, especially since he seemingly came out of nowhere (for Wake).

Came out of nowhere for us too honestly. He doesn't have a twitter so I'd be shocked if that didn't impact the info on him.

So, we've reached a consensus that a player who is slightly worse than a guy who was a second round NBA pick and was a First Team AP All American would be a good ACC player. Good.

So, we've reached a consensus that a player who is slightly worse than a guy who was a second round NBA pick and was a First Team AP All American would be a good ACC player. Good.

We haven't had a take that dumb around here in awhile, fwiw. I almost wish dude doubled down or RChildress started calculating efficiency metrics based on high school stats.

High school stats are basically useless numbers. Just figuring out relative strengths of leagues is unbelievably hard. Yes. if a guy gets 35ppg or 22 rpg, you take a look, but remember the Jewish Jordan's scoring.

To me one of the most useless stats for PG who goes to a neighborhood/non-live at prep is TOs. Whether you go to West Forsyth (NC) or Overbrook(Philly) or Crenshaw (LA), a top PG will "see" that a guy will be open many times when the teammate doesn't realize it. The PG will make a pass would lead to a layup or open shot that turns into a TO.

How the hell did we get a crystal ball for Swider? thats wierd

Same analyst picked Mucius to Xavier back in May. So good news is, he either knows what he talking about with Wake's recruiting or he doesn't. In either case, Wake gets a pretty good player.

from 247 today:
Weekly Question: Who’s a 2018 player who has really helped themselves on the circuit so far as being a guy who can and should move up the rankings?

Andrew Slater, 247Sports recruiting insider

There's going to be a legitimate reshuffling and expansion of the rankings, but, as they currently sit, the biggest movers of those currently ranked would be Jerome Hunter, Noah Locke, Damezi Anderson, Cole Swider, and David Duke. Given the question, Locke is the most underrated currently at 177th in his class. We're talking about a 6-foot-2 lead guard who's twelfth in scoring (18.2) in the EYBL. Locke, a Maryland native, leads the circuit in three-pointers made, while shooting a whopping 49.5% clip from beyond the arc. Defensively, he's tenth in steals, while helping to lead Team Melo to a Peach Jam invitation with a 9-7 overall record.

Kevin Flaherty, 247Sports College Basketball National Writer

A guy who really impressed me was Jalen Carey. At 6-foot-4, many schools felt like he was a tough combo guard who could play some point. But his offers really started to go through the roof with the way he began shooting, with Carey making 44.2 percent from three. But the guy that I’ll pick is one that Slater mentioned: Cole Swider. A 6-foot-8 marksman, he may have the cleanest stroke on the EYBL circuit. But we knew that. Swider, who ranks 140th in the industry generated 247Sports Composite, has shown that he’s more than just a spot-up shooter, averaging 19.4 points and 6.3 rebounds for BABC. He’s the kind of shooter who can change games from behind the arc. But the more Swider shows the ability to impact the game in other ways, the deadlier he’ll be. 247Sports, which contributes to the 247Sports Composite, has him ranked significantly higher, at No. 97. But that may even be too low.

There was just a huge swing of crystal balls for NC State with Jairus Hamilton. UNC is the other top choice for him right now. If he's choosing between the two, UNC is a much better choice as it relates to WF.

Hamilton is seemingly UNC's top realistic wing choice (since Zion Williamson is likely going to Duke or KY as it stands now) and it was assumed that UNC was in good position to land him. If he does end up at NC State, UNC might pick up its recruiting of Hoard and actually make an offer. WF is positioned well with Hoard but it's never a good thing that an in-state blue blood offers one of your recruits.

There was just a huge swing of crystal balls for NC State with Jairus Hamilton. UNC is the other top choice for him right now. If he's choosing between the two, UNC is a much better choice as it relates to WF.

Hamilton is seemingly UNC's top realistic wing choice (since Zion Williamson is likely going to Duke or KY as it stands now) and it was assumed that UNC was in good position to land him. If he does end up at NC State, UNC might pick up its recruiting of Hoard and actually make an offer. WF is positioned well with Hoard but it's never a good thing that an in-state blue blood offers one of your recruits.

Looks like devil's den may have gotten some inside info? We'll find out soon whether it's real or smoke.

Back