• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Good that Dotson is still (at least somewhat) considering us. I'd be surprised if we make his final 3 schools though. Somehow need to get Hoard to commit and make other 4/5 star kids want to play with him. Hoard committing and committing with some other big names still on the board will be key.

I can't get over that interview in which he didn't even mention us.

I am on the road. I ran into a kid who goes to high School with Chsundee. He says he is the real deal and is very excited about coming to Wake. He also says now some of their baseball players are looking at Wake

I can't get over that interview in which he didn't even mention us.

It was definitely an indicator that we weren't at the top of his list. Maybe that changes if Hoard commits and gets some recruiting momentum going for us. But I doubt Dotson ends up here.

On 2017 wing target John Newman III -

http://endlessmotor.net/2017/06/12/...ts-2-officials-decision-timeline-comes-focus/

Clemson, Providence, UNC-Charlotte, Boston College, James Madison, Old Dominion, Georgia Tech, Virginia and Cincinnati have all extended official offers while Butler, N.C. State, Georgetown and Pittsburgh are all showing interest per John.

Newman has 2 official visits confirmed and will take an unofficial visit to an ACC powerhouse this week.

“I’m taking an unofficial visit to Virginia on June 13th just before the NBPA top 100 camp. I’m going on official visits to Clemson on June 20th and Providence on June 30th.”

John doesn’t have a leader at this point, but he is closing in on a decision before the summer is over.

I will be committed by August,” Newman told Endless Motor.

No mention of WF having offered nor an official visit. The offer thing is an oversight as WF has offered according to multiple services. The visit aspect is not worrying from a "WF isn't getting an official one at this point" POV but it does confirm his recruiting profile is rising. He's local and visited WF enough times that an official would only be ceremonial at this point.

Last edited:
Jaelyn Withers visited Wake today as well.

Thought Chaundeac was already in the NBA.

Mucius article also notes that us and Xavier should be perceived as favorites

We need to pull this guy over Xavier. I realize Xavier's had a great run the last decade and we haven't but we have every other resource advantage, e.g., campus, conference, school. Xavier's campus is crap.

Mucius is concerned about the current rosters and being the guy. Manning needs to sell him on Chaundee, Hoard, and him being like Klay, KD, and Draymond.

I don't understand this "main guy" crap. Do you think Kentucky, Duke, UNC, all one and done teams tell guys they are going to come in and be the "main guy"? No. They tell them they are going to be on a team of main guys who are going to prepare you to be ready for the NBA. They tell you how you will be better by playing at that level day in and day out against your own teammates and in high level conference and NCAA play. I want a "main guy" at every position if I am a coach. I get that he may be saying at his position that Chaundee Brown is going to be there, but come on, they could easily play together, and/or we need depth.

I don't understand this "main guy" crap. Do you think Kentucky, Duke, UNC, all one and done teams tell guys they are going to come in and be the "main guy"? No. They tell them they are going to be on a team of main guys who are going to prepare you to be ready for the NBA. They tell you how you will be better by playing at that level day in and day out against your own teammates and in high level conference and NCAA play. I want a "main guy" at every position if I am a coach. I get that he may be saying at his position that Chaundee Brown is going to be there, but come on, they could easily play together, and/or we need depth.
I'm pretty sure K tells everyone they're the main guy getting 35 min a game

+1

Chaundee is a SG. Mucius is a combo forward.

Back