• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Chaundee is a SG. Mucius is a combo forward.

Mucius is a combo forward only as to the fact that he can play some stretch 4 as needed. He is a taller wing and plays like it. Plays up top in a 2-3 zone and normally plays outside on offense. So while Brown is more SG oriented and Mucius more SF oriented, they do play similar positions.

Then, it sounds to me like a starting five of Crawford, Brown, Mucius, Hoard, and Sarr would be five "main guys" that would be really tough. Assuming that Crawford and Brown are still there when Mucius and Hoard get there.

Mikyle McInstosh is transferring to Oregon. That was the last grad transfer possibility I was aware of for us.

Mucius is a combo forward only as to the fact that he can play some stretch 4 as needed. He is a taller wing and plays like it. Plays up top in a 2-3 zone and normally plays outside on offense. So while Brown is more SG oriented and Mucius more SF oriented, they do play similar positions.

They can EASILY start next to each other. If we have those two and not Hoard, they really aren't competing for the same minutes.

Juice should take Bball 101. He'd definitely learn a lot more than he knows. Of course, there would be no way for him to ever learn as much as he thinks he knows.

They can EASILY start next to each other. If we have those two and not Hoard, they really aren't competing for the same minutes.

Juice should take Bball 101. He'd definitely learn a lot more than he knows. Of course, there would be no way for him to ever learn as much as he thinks he knows.

Agree on the first paragraph. My original comment was in agreement generally but just clarifying the combo forward role idea.

I would not be surprised to see Danny go to a PG/3 wings/big guy style for most of the game once he has the horses. Fro the past three years, he has had to play whatever he could piece together.

I would not be surprised to see Danny go to a PG/3 wings/big guy style for most of the game once he has the horses. Fro the past three years, he has had to play whatever he could piece together.

This would make other teams switching on D a lot less effective. Would also make other team's pick plays much less effective. Wouldn't be that much difference between defenders.

This would make other teams switching on D a lot less effective. Would also make other team's pick plays much less effective. Wouldn't be that much difference between defenders.

Right, but we'd get outrebounded by FSU and UNC by 20+, most likely. I'm trying to remember some elite small-ball college teams, but am only coming up with the Villanova team that had Foye, Lowry, and Cunningham.

Mikyle McInstosh is transferring to Oregon. That was the last grad transfer possibility I was aware of for us.

As of now, we will go into next season with an open scholarship, right? If so, it is a little dissapointing that we couldn't grab some sort of grad transfer to could help cover the loss of Collins. Or really, provide some athleticism at the PF spot. Even if it is/was someone that would only play 10 minutes a game, that is better than an unused ship.

As of now, we will go into next season with an open scholarship, right? If so, it is a little dissapointing that we couldn't grab some sort of grad transfer to could help cover the loss of Collins. Or really, provide some athleticism at the PF spot. Even if it is/was someone that would only play 10 minutes a game, that is better than an unused ship.

It's a 2 way street. Not many (any?) grad transfers are going to want to be spot minute players, and the ones willing to do it aren't guys you probably want. They presumably are going the grad route for the opportunity to be bigger contributors and/or play for postseason titles.

Right, but we'd get outrebounded by FSU and UNC by 20+, most likely. I'm trying to remember some elite small-ball college teams, but am only coming up with the Villanova team that had Foye, Lowry, and Cunningham.

Duke has had several great small ball teams.

You play with the talent you've got.

You remember that small ball Nova team but not the small ball Nova team that won the whole thing 2 years ago?

I'll take it. Top 8 is solid. Any idea when he plans to narrow the list?

I don't understand the entered part. They've been recruiting him since the first AAU events in April.

Probably just an effort to get more traffic from UConn fans and fans from other schools involved with Mucius.

Probably just an effort to get more traffic from UConn fans and fans from other schools involved with Mucius.

yeah. more than likely. it was a premium article so didn't have any details. just saw it on the twitters.

Back