• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Ending this class with Devoe and Mucius would be incredible. That's the kind of class that has length and athleticism and would certainly be an upgraded core to build around. I imagine that class would wind up top 20 in the nation.

There's no certainty that Ayo ends up being a better college player than Devoe, or vice versa for that matter.

Of course there is no certainty. But Ayo is more likely to end up as the better player.

Ayo was on his official visit to USC this past weekend when they played that crazy game against Texas.

USC, Illinois and Wake are really 3 diverse choices in terms of geography for a recruit.

I definitely prefer Ayo over Devoe.

I'm I correct in that Devoe is not among Scout's top 100 prospects? Seems strange given that he appears to be safely in the top 100 on Rivals, 247, etc.

Any mix of the two SF's and PG's is a win and you could probably pencil in the Deacs as a top 25-20 team in 2018 and 2019 if we land a combination of them. I do think Hoard and Chaundee's shooting abilities are being a little undersold by some though. Even if we land Mucius/Ayo we will have plenty of shooting on our team (Hoard, Chaundee, Key, Chill as main contributors - which isn't including Mucius because I haven't seen shooting stats of his/a scouting report talking about his range).

Any of these last 4 would be major gets for the staff. Hoping that we land at least 2 of them.

If only came to visit, we could expect it to happen tonight or early tomorrow. But with three and them having other visits scheduled. it's not quite the same. Be cool and we should be OK.

Any mix of the two SF's and PG's is a win and you could probably pencil in the Deacs as a top 25-20 team in 2018 and 2019 if we land a combination of them. I do think Hoard and Chaundee's shooting abilities are being a little undersold by some though. Even if we land Mucius/Ayo we will have plenty of shooting on our team (Hoard, Chaundee, Key, Chill as main contributors - which isn't including Mucius because I haven't seen shooting stats of his/a scouting report talking about his range).

Mucius' shot looks fine to me. A tiny hitch in it, but a good release. I don't see any reason why he can't become a competent sf type shooter who if left open will make you pay. I don't think that is his strength but I also don't see it as a weakness.

We will definitely need a pure shooter in the 2019 class unless Rich Wash develops or we get both Ayo and Devoe.

Hope Rich Wash develops, but will be tough to this year, since he probably won't be healthy enough for game action until ACC play.

We should be getting recaps from our recruiting visits this weekend soon. Don't they typically do them mid afternoon the Monday following?

Back