• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

WHICH TEXTURE?

Black%20&%20Gold%20Carpet%20M%20Place%20Ad%20Sheet.jpg

Do they have a toilet texture?

A USC assistant coach was also mentioned. That should take them out of the Ayo derby.

Tony Bland was the USC assistant associated with the Scandal. Jason Hart is their lead recruiter on Ayo. That said, if it stinks like shit....

Does Manning comments about one and dones have a negative impact?

His statement doesn't actually seem that controversial. He just sounds mature and informed.

If Ayo wants a coach who will prepare him for the next level, then that coach made a great statement about one and dones.

Agreed. Read between the lines and it looks like he's saying something like, "There are a lot of players who are good enough to play in the NBA out of high school or a year out of high school, but their coaches don't prepare them to have an NBA career. I was that good. I went to the NBA and saw a lot of talented guys flame out. I had a long NBA career and made it through ups and downs and I can prepare you to have a long NBA career, too. Check out John Collins, by the way. Go Deacs!"

Agreed. Read between the lines and it looks like he's saying something like, "There are a lot of players who are good enough to play in the NBA out of high school or a year out of high school, but their coaches don't prepare them to have an NBA career. I was that good. I went to the NBA and saw a lot of talented guys flame out. I had a long NBA career and made it through ups and downs and I can prepare you to have a long NBA career, too. Check out John Collins, by the way. Go Deacs!"
Pretty nice overview of the piece.

Of course, a lot of these one and dones sign contracts for more than our coach may have made in his career... doesn't make a lot of sense but these are the times and the lots that have been cast... is it more important to be a productive NBA player or be paid several millions even if you are out of the league in a few years?

Of course, a lot of these one and dones sign contracts for more than our coach may have made in his career... doesn't make a lot of sense but these are the times and the lots that have been cast... is it more important to be a productive NBA player or be paid several millions even if you are out of the league in a few years?

Not even close to true.

You'd have to essentially double the #1 overall pick's contract to match what Danny made.

Is it more important to get multiple NBA contracts including several as a veteran or only one rookie contract? Is that seriously your question?

If I had as much basketball talent at Danny Manning I would not have been prepared for the NBA after one year. Probably would have nine kids though.

Back