• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

So if you had to pick teams for this random pick up game, how would you split them up? Current players + Ayo, Hoard, and Dickinson.

Thats a fun thought. I think I would split up into 3 teams. And play short games:

Team #1: Crawford, Washington, Melo, Mitchell, Moore

Team #2: Childress, Wilbekin, Brown, Thompson, Dickinson

Team #3: Ayo, Woods, Hoard, Sarr, SJM

I would want to make sure that Ayo and Hoard played together. That would be a must. Woods and SJM give them a physical presence. You match up Dickinson vs. SJM And Moore and he gets a real good idea that if you come to Wake Forest you are going to become a beast in the paint. Those two will throw him around pretty good, but my guess is that he gets in a few good moves as well. The key would be to play Ayo and Hoard together, in their Wake Forest practice uniforms, so that they can get a vision of what it would be like. Ayo getting to go against BC and Chill would be a lot of fun, and let him know that Wake isn't messing around at the PG position. Good players want to play with good players, so its important not to coddle/stack the team in the recruits favor. I think #3 is probably the best team, but BC's team would be very tough, and Chill/Wilbekin/Brown is the best combination of skill and experience. Would be a lot of fun to watch these groups go up and down the court.

I love the free flowing vibes here guys but let's steal Ayo from Illinois and then look into Dickinson a couple years from now.

I love the free flowing vibes here guys but let's steal Ayo from Illinois and then look into Dickinson a couple years from now.

Its fun to dream. Ayo makes the most sense with us right now considering all that is going on at Illinois and USC. Mack's consideration for the Louisville job has to give Ayo a little bit of pause as well. Our ceiling is just as high as any of those programs (and to be honest I would argue much higher), and our floor is about 10 levels up because we don't face potential firings/probation/penalties/coaching changes. We are the complete package, and we have the fortunate circumstances of timing Ayo's visit right after all the crap goes down for the other schools.

The way that many (loud & annoying) Illinois people talk, they think they're UCLA and Underwood is John Wooden.

Last edited:
Pun or not, I like it.

My favorite fat athlete jokes are how Kelvin Benjamin looks like Queen Latifah. That never gets old.

(Don't hate me, I'm not a Falcons/Bucs/Saints fan, it's funny as shit).

download18.jpg

tumblr_lm16wkkycS1qcd82vo1_500.gif

Didn't do the calculator but if we somehow get Ayo, won't we finish with the 2nd best class in the ACC behind Duke?

Back