• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Has anyone noticed Ayo doesn’t follow any Illinois coaches on twitter just Wake Coaches. Just throwing it out there .
He apperently follows them on Instagram. Honestly, Instagram is probably the more up to date social media platform to follow recruits on.

Maybe he wants to learn to play basketball but he wants to play close to home.

He's Torn.

giphy.gif

Has anyone noticed Ayo doesn’t follow any Illinois coaches on twitter just Wake Coaches. Just throwing it out there .

Underwood is barely on Twitter. I don't think Chin is on it at all.

Does the staff know Crawf has no plans to play a 4th year? If not, chasing a PG down their list seems unnecessary.

Manning, I have given hundreds of dollars to the Deacon Club this year. I'm ready for some results. Bring this kid to W-S.

Mehhh I'm not giving in yet...He clearly is drawn to both schools - let's see what he decides on Thursday.

I agree that he probably wants to commit to Wake but external factors are still swaying his decision. Good news is that he's going to have one of those Disney movie moments tomorrow night - His mom is going to sit at the foot of his bed and say "Ayo - I can see it in your eyes.... I know how much you want to play for Coach Manning. I want you to know that I support you playing for Wake if that's what makes you happy." Then we drop the mic

If he chooses IL, I really think the difference will have been uncertainty about whether or not Bryant was going to return. If Bryant was 100% gone, I think we get Ayo...

Maybe, but if he picks UI and there are no transfers or other issues and one guard graduates, he'd become one of seven guards on UI's roster next season. Judging by what UI fans are saying, he's obviously light years better than what they have, but who knows. One or more of those guys along with Smith could have a really good year.

Unless the coaches are guaranteeing a lion's share of the playing time, which wouldn't be very smart, I doubt the possibility of Crawford staying would be a deal breaker.

Those Illini fans are really confident in their 2017 class. I'm just not seeing it. They think 2 three star guys plus Mark Smith is going to put them back in their glory days once Ayo commits. Mark Smith looks like a talent but man, it just doesn't look like enough.

Mark Smith is some guy you went to high school with who sells insurance but you can't remember what he looks like.

Why are the vibes changing?

Calm down

This. FOH, OG Boards.

Vibes, y'all.

Mehhh I'm not giving in yet...He clearly is drawn to both schools - let's see what he decides on Thursday.

I agree that he probably wants to commit to Wake but external factors are still swaying his decision. Good news is that he's going to have one of those Disney movie moments tomorrow night - His mom is going to sit at the foot of his bed and say "Ayo - I can see it in your eyes.... I know how much you want to play for Coach Manning. I want you to know that I support you playing for Wake if that's what makes you happy." Then we drop the mic

Yessir!

Last edited:
His grandfather liked a reply to me on Twitter that said " unfortunately he's going to Illinois". Not good

Back