• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Who's the last Wake basketball player to graduate in three years?

And, no, the logical choice is to come back and win the national championship with Hoard, Mucius, and non-dumbbutt Ayo (if applicable)

Aaron Rountree I believe. And I dont think Crawford will make his decision on if/when he has enough credits to graduate. He can always come back to finish his degree. He'll decide to leave early solely based on the feedback he receives from the NBA.

Who's the last Wake basketball player to graduate in three years?

And, no, the logical choice is to come back and win the national championship with Hoard, Mucius, and non-dumbbutt Ayo (if applicable)

Didn't Arron Rountree graduate in three years just 2 years ago?

I think the difference between Crawford & guys like J Gray & those other examples is that it has become much more common for athletes to graduate in 3 years. If BC graduates from Wake & has a chance to stick around to play again or go play somewhere for $$, isn't the logical choice to go get paid?

Guess it depends on how much $ and where. If one is bouncing around Eastern Europe making pocket change in some random country with no friends I'm not sure I'd be too eager to start that life.

Didn't Arron Rountree graduate in three years just 2 years ago?

Aaron Rountree I believe. And I dont think Crawford will make his decision on if/when he has enough credits to graduate. He can always come back to finish his degree. He'll decide to leave early solely based on the feedback he receives from the NBA.

Good call. I'm not aware of any others, though it's not something I follow particularly closely. I agree that the NBA feedback will be the basis of the decision

So Ayo RT's another fans comments about donning the black and gold.

Trollin', trollin', trollin' on the (Chicago) river! Do do do do doo

It is interesting that Ayo is all about the Deacs the last couple days and his parents are all about the Illini. Is there an internal struggle within?

Also, we made it into Kahlil Whitney's Final 18 so look out!! Another Mac Irvin Fire player so we're a cold hard lock eh? :cool:

So Ayo RT's another fans comments about donning the black and gold.

Trollin', trollin', trollin' on the (Chicago) river! Do do do do doo

It is interesting that Ayo is all about the Deacs the last couple days and his parents are all about the Illini. Is there an internal struggle within?

Also, we made it into Kahlil Whitney's Final 18 so look out!! Another Mac Irvin Fire player so we're a cold hard lock eh? :cool:

That's an interesting point. I think socially, Ayo has to be drawn to WF. He has many friends in the '18 class and teenagers are a socially-driven breed. It dominates much of their decision making. Wake isn't a finalist without cause. We could very well be seeing contrasting social media preferences simply because it is a very hard decision and they could be split over it, true.

Didn't Giles make his announcement in W-S? I wouldn't read too much into the fact that there's a scheduled announcement in his hometown. It's at the Jordan store in one of the biggest cities in the country. How many 17-18 year olds wouldn't jump at the chance to announce the biggest decision in their life so far in this way as opposed to doing it on twitter?

Winston-Salem is not exactly "enemy territory" for other ACC programs in NC.

Perused a couple pages of the Illini board's recruiting thread and it looks like both fan bases are hedging and losing vibes at this point. Ayo twitter activity is vexing to both teams.

137 college players declared early for the draft last year. Obviously most didn't have a first round grade.

Here's a thought: do you think Jaylen, Isiah, etc. are constantly in Ayo's ear telling him to come, or are they telling him to "enjoy the moment, make the best choice for yourself". Based on what I've heard/read form Jaylen, I'm thinking it could be the latter. We need the hard Daequan Cook on Conley type sell here.

Perused a couple pages of the Illini board's recruiting thread and it looks like both fan bases are hedging and losing vibes at this point. Ayo twitter activity is vexing to both teams.

Ayo has us where he wants us.

If they are split then it seems silly to make yourself decide tomorrow @ 8. If he actually wants to go to WF & was told no by family, etc then he could simply just say I am going to wait it out & see if the FBI comes through the doors or maybe how the current rosters look on the court.
I think if he was at all torn, the fact they "filled" the balcony of the arena to watch him work out may have given him that warm cozy feeling to know he wants to play at "home". To opt to play in college & potentially never face Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Louisville, UCLA, Zona, etc seems like the opposite path a competitor would chose. He stated he wants to be in NBA2k in 2020 then I'd think he would want to go to the best conference, wreck shit vs the best of the best & declare his spot in the lottery. To be an Illinois Kay Felder where you have the ball all game & can shoot 20+ times seems like a poor decision when solely focusing on his future as a true NBA point guard.

Here's a thought: do you think Jaylen, Isiah, etc. are constantly in Ayo's ear telling him to come, or are they telling him to "enjoy the moment, make the best choice for yourself". Based on what I've heard/read form Jaylen, I'm thinking it could be the latter. We need the hard Daequan Cook on Conley type sell here.

Eh, let's just not bring that up right now...

Feels like a toss-up to me. He (and his family) have done a nice job of making it suspenseful. Could be that he just honestly has had a tough time deciding. Fingers crossed!

Feels like a toss-up to me. He (and his family) have done a nice job of making it suspenseful. Could be that he just honestly has had a tough time deciding. Fingers crossed!

You seem like a prime candidate (based off your stated location) to be at the Jordan Shop rocking a Chris Paul jersey. Maybe he'll see you in the crowd & have a last minute change of heart.

Guys he's going to reveal a "house divided" Ill-WF split uni, and declare that he's committing to whoever wins the ACC-B10 challenge game in Nov.

That would be awesome.

Back